I have not lost much weight in 3 weeks!

Options
2»

Replies

• higgins8283801
    higgins8283801 Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    darman wrote: »
    one day 400 cal's over and I gain 5 pounds? worked my but off all week - feeling pretty disappointed - lost 3 pounds first week and gained it right back - under goal all week, exercised my but off...for nothing...

it is probably just water. I was sick for almost two weeks and thought i gained weight. today i got on the scale and have lost all that i gained plus an additional pound. I wouldn't worry too much about it. a pound of fat is 3500 calories so you had to eat way more than 400 over to gain 5lbs.

• earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    darman wrote: »
    one day 400 cal's over and I gain 5 pounds? worked my but off all week - feeling pretty disappointed - lost 3 pounds first week and gained it right back - under goal all week, exercised my but off...for nothing...

Did you eat a lot of carbs that day? Carbs above your usual can cause you to retain water and it will go away in a day or two.

• monicabroadbentswearingen
    Options
    palwithme wrote: »
    999tigger wrote: »
    If you have 75+ lbs to lose 2 lbs/week is ideal
    If you have 40-75 lbs to lose 1.5 lbs/week is ideal
    If you have 25-40 lbs to lose 1 lbs/week is ideal
    If you have 15 -25 lbs to lose 0.5 to 1.0 lbs/week is ideal
    If you have less than 15 lbs to lose 0.5 lbs/week is ideal

You dont give your details, so its hard for people to comment.
    The first place you should look at is the accuracy of logging and weighing.
    Less weight you have to loses the harder it is to shed.
    7lbs isnt bad.

Thanks so much for this! Initially I lost 2lbs a week. Now that I have only 40 more to lose it has slowed to one pound a week or less. Makes perfect sense now.

• monicabroadbentswearingen
    monicabroadbentswearingen Posts: 42 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    999tigger wrote: »

If you have 75+ lbs to lose 2 lbs/week is ideal
    If you have 40-75 lbs to lose 1.5 lbs/week is ideal
    If you have 25-40 lbs to lose 1 lbs/week is ideal
    If you have 15 -25 lbs to lose 0.5 to 1.0 lbs/week is ideal
    If you have less than 15 lbs to lose 0.5 lbs/week is ideal

You dont give your details, so its hard for people to comment.
    The first place you should look at is the accuracy of logging and weighing.
    Less weight you have to loses the harder it is to shed.
    7lbs isnt bad.

That weight graph was the best thing I have seen on these sights yet. That's the kind of stuff people need to know. I was loosing large amounts of weight and now down to less. It makes perfect since because I only have 35 more lbs. to go. Thank you so much for the clarification. If you could post that on these sights once a week it would help so many people out. Again thank you
  • ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,623 Member
    Options
    earlnabby wrote: »
    ana3067 wrote: »
    earlnabby wrote: »
    You should see my graph in the "Reports" section. It looks like the kind of steps you see leading up to public buildings set on a hill: several steps of roughly equal size, then a long flat space, then another series of steps, then another long flat space. I don't know what causes the stalls but I know that they are a part of weight loss (and for some reason, mine have all lasted 3 weeks each). As long as you are eating at a deficit, the losses will start up again. I have had a few stalls since Feb and I expect to have more before I am done. Accept them and just keep doing what you are doing.

58841349.png

It's interesting that you mention this pattern - when I look at my own graphs I see the same thing. I never thought to see them as normal mini stalls in the loss progress, but when I looked back I was still losing 3-5lbs a month even with the stalls. I might be in one right now.... going to have to remember to just wait it out!

Yeah. My first one was a bit frustrating. I made sure I was eating at the proper deficit and decided to just wait it out. Sure enough, 3 weeks later I had a larger than usual loss and was steady for about 2 months before the next one where the pattern repeated itself. I don't like them, but I am not freaked out any more by them.

THanks for sharing that, my issue has always been that I think it's like, "oh no I'm not losing any weight now, time to lower my cals!" and then blah. But I know not to lower then again because I jsut increased them recently due to hunger, going lower will make me not happy.
  • Freeborn111
    Freeborn111 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    sodakat wrote: »
    OP, I'm guessing you don't have a lot to lose so after the first good losses, your body is slowing down. Once you get a food scale you'll be able to track more accurately and then your weight loss will pick up again. Its really hard to estimate how much food weighs.

55835802.png

You are right, I don't think I have a whole lot to lose but I really hope my body isn't slowing down already -- I've only just begun! I do hope to see it pick up again soon rather than remain stagnant for such lengths of time. I better get to purchasing that food scale... :neutral_face:
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    You've done a great job thus far. Remember, the less you have to lose, the tighter the logging needs to be. Just keep doing what you're doing.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    My comment on this is usually that you're eating too much, but with 1200 calories-even if you're eating 1400 by accident (even 1500 or 1600), depending on your stats-you'd still be losing. If you lost at a rate of 1 pound per week at first it seems like you were doing it right. If you did start eating more than 1200 by accident, the weight just might be coming off more slowly now.