left over veggie party tray

Options
We had a party last weekend and I have tons of veggies left from the party tray. (The cookies and chips are all gone of course). I've eaten all the raw veggies I can handle. So anyone have a simple recipe or way to cook them. I don't want them to go to waste. There's broccoli, carrots, tomatoes, celery, and cauliflower.

Replies

• JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    crock pot chicken soup- toss all that in there and go to town.

or freeze them for later.
  • libbydoodle11
    libbydoodle11 Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    Soup
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    Soup is a great option. I might also do a big stir fry with chicken, beef, tofu, or whatever you prefer...serve w/ or without some sort of noodles or rice.

Easy sauces would be Thai chili & Sriracha or a little sesame oil, minced garlic & soy sauce mixed with PB (keywords being A LITTLE)
  • IndigoSue13
    IndigoSue13 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Toss them with a bit of olive oil and balsamic vinegar, sprinkle on some salt and pepper, and roast at 400-degrees (farenheit) for about 20-25 minutes. Sprinkle a bit of grated parmesan on top, and roast another 5 minutes. I love me some roasted veggies! (Oh, and throw the tomatoes in near the end -- they cook faster than the others you listed.)

Or, as other folks said, soup. Soup is always good! :smile:
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    Soup is a no brainer. Broccoli, carrots and cauliflower steam beautifully in the microwave. Have a salad with a lean protein and all of the veggies. Use celery as a "scoop" to eat tuna or egg salad.
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,714 Member
    Options
    I juice all leftover vegetables at the end of the week and use it to add flavor and hopefully nutrients to soup for the weekend.
  • La5Vega5Girl
    La5Vega5Girl Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    my friend just made me a huge platter of roasted veggies with truffle oil. O-M-G!! it was my first time to try it. amazing! it is expensive, but she said it only takes a small amount, and her bottle has lasted for a long time.

directions: cut all veggies into bite-sized pieces and put into a large bowl. salt & pepper (she used red ground pepper) then toss with olive oil and a bit of roasted truffle oil. put on a cookie sheet and bake at 400F for about 50 minutes. the broccoli burned a bit on the edges and carmelized - oh wow yum! :smile:
  • La5Vega5Girl
    La5Vega5Girl Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    P.S. i would use the celery and tomatoes for a soup and the other veggies roasted :smile:
  • sweetpea2820
    sweetpea2820 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Besides soup you could make a stir fry serve it on rice.
  • fernandesg
    fernandesg Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I usually just steam them with some garlic and onions, except the tomatoes :)
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    We had a party last weekend and I have tons of veggies left from the party tray. (The cookies and chips are all gone of course). I've eaten all the raw veggies I can handle. So anyone have a simple recipe or way to cook them. I don't want them to go to waste. There's broccoli, carrots, tomatoes, celery, and cauliflower.
    are the veggies still good? did you freeze some of them?
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Carrots and celery can go into a chicken soup with barley.

For the tomatoes, I'd recommend cooking them in a pan with a little olive oil, salt, and pepper, and adding them to pasta or pasta sauce.

Cauliflower...I'm sure you can do a search for that here in the forums, and find a bunch of different ways to use it.
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    are the veggies still good? did you freeze some of them?

My fridge can keep produce fresh for weeks because it's insanely cold. As long as they aren't wilted or have an off smell, they should still be good to eat.