How often do you weigh yourself?

Options
I am curious what others do. I was thinking once a week at the same time.

Replies

• dopeysmelly
    dopeysmelly Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    Every day in the morning, first thing.
  • darkguardian419
    darkguardian419 Posts: 1,302 Member
    Options
    Before and after I take a big poop. That's about it.
  • klkarlen
    klkarlen Posts: 4,366 Member
    Options
    What works for me is twice a day, once in the AM and just before bed. This helps me to understand that fluctuation is normal, as I will typically weigh 2 pounds more at the end of the day, and that is water/food waste weight.

• CosmicBella
    CosmicBella Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Usually, I weigh myself just once a week. I used to weigh daily (even though I only recorded my weight once a week) but the constant ups and downs were killing me. Haha
  • kaseyr1505
    kaseyr1505 Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself twice a day, every day. I like to look at the trend, so I have a solid weight range to stay in, now that I'm maintaining.
  • rides4sanity
    rides4sanity Posts: 1,269 Member
    Options
    When I was trying to reduce BF% I weighed weekly and measured monthly. Now I'm working to improve performance which means eating more so I only weigh about once a month and measure weekly...
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every morning in the nude right after waking and urinating. Because it's warm and dry here, I also weigh myself before and after a run so I can see how much water I lost through sweat and can drink a corresponding amount to replace it. A 6 mile run at 70° will usually be a 2 pound loss so I know I need to drink an extra 32 ounces to replace it.
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    I do not currently have access to a scale. Even the one in the gym is broken. I take my waist measurement at least once a week.
  • LeslieB042812
    LeslieB042812 Posts: 1,799 Member
    Options
    Once a day, first thing in the morning after I get up and use the restroom, necked, so I know it's as consistent as possible. I prefer 1/day over 1/week because weight does fluctuate significantly and that way I can track over time to see the pattern. If I only weigh 1/week, then I could be randomly fluctuating up or down and I might get discouraged unnecessarily.
  • joseccastaneda
    joseccastaneda Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Daily, but i don't stress the fluctuations.
  • ntnunk
    ntnunk Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    Daily, first thing in the morning, post-bathroom, pre-dressing. I don't stress about day-to-day, I log weight to a spreadsheet on my phone and look at my 7 day average at the end of the week as my gauge of progress.
  • amcook4
    amcook4 Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    Daily, in the morning, after I wake up, naked and after visiting the toilet. I like to see the ups & downs, but I wouldn't recommend this for someone who will freak out about a little water weight from sodium, etc. My weight goes up & down all the time, but the general trend is down.
  • 65pcWater
    Options
    I plan on doing to following - Straight onto the Aria every morning before I do anything, for about 1 week now. Measure once a month (when I remember) and put it on here.
  • abatt
    abatt Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Once a week same day, same time, same clothes, etc...because of all the natural fluctuations (water weight, etc...) any more frequently will drive you crazy
  • slucki01
    slucki01 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I hop on the scale every morning but I only record my weight on Thursdays
  • ineedalifetbh
    ineedalifetbh Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I weigh daily and track daily, I like to see it progress. But, I only log on MFP when I know I've made a constant loss. :)
  • jessilee119
    jessilee119 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Every day in the morning, first thing.

Same here, but my Friday weight is the one I use when checking in.

• SLHysell
    SLHysell Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Every Thursday at around 4:30 or 5:00pm. Never miss a weigh in. Never weigh in between. This gives me a weekly goal to work toward.
  • jrline
    jrline Posts: 2,353 Member
    Options
    no more than 2 times a month

29509743.png
  • odddrums
    odddrums Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Every morning, first thing, usually before and after I used the restroom. I used to do once every week or 2 but I've been using MFP to track my morning weight and the progress of my fat loss, and it's been really helpful in showing a downward trend. I did have to turn off the whole "You lost 2.4 pounds!" indicators because my weight goes up and down so much each day, but for tracking the overall progress it's been REALLY helpful.