Hi Im Teresa from Ohio. New to the site. Any suggestions where to start off at?

Replies

• Welcome. You took the first step in deciding to join MFP. Your next steps should be to evaluate what you were eating, what are your triggers to overeat, what are your worst times of the day to control eating etc. Then find out how many calories you should eat and what kind of foods you like and want to eat on this journey. Go shopping for healthy foods.
    Everyone's journey is different but there are lots of articles to read and lots of people on here who will share your journey and encourage you. Feel free to add me as a friend, read some food diaries of other members to get ideas for menu planning. Look up new recipes, try new spices etc.
    Good luck and remember this is a journey. If you have a bad day, it is only one day of your journey - do not let one 'bad' day derail the whole journey!
  • Hello Fellow Ohioan & Welcome to MFP!

Start with a goal - make sure it's reasonable & healthy for your height, age & frame
    Then have a plan to reach said goal - plug in your numbers into MFP app & GO!

Best of luck to you!

• kabroering
    kabroering Posts: 2 Member
    Hi Teresa!
    I too am from Ohio. If you are looking for partners to support or encourage you, you can add me. I am just getting started as well

Good Luck!
    Karen
  • Ah... fellow Ohioans. How awesome!!! Well, okay - I have to admit, I don't live there, but I was born & raised there. O-HI-O!

Anywhoo, I think you're doing some of the best things you can do to start. You're here. You're engaging with folks on the message board which is super helpful. The support you'll find here unparalleled.

I'll take as many friends & supporters as want to be my friends & supporters! WELCOME!

*smiles*
    Jean

tomboy-princess.com/jointhechallenge