Fast-food & frozen dinners are tempting BUT

Options
NikonPal
NikonPal Posts: 1,346 Member
Fast-food & frozen dinners are tempting with hectic schedules. BUT I have found – with just a little planning healthy low-calorie dinners can be just as easy and quick to prepare. Below are just a few of my own meal creations that took 30 minutes or less to prepare. All of them are 250 calories or less…not that I don’t eat meals over 250.

I never eat off a paper plate or out of a container. The last thing I want is a meal that screams “I’m on a diet!” I adjust plate size depending upon the meal. I also have healthy mid-morning / afternoon snacks and save some calories for the TV munchies (100-calorie popcorn, Fiber Bar, Jell, Sugar-free Fruit Cups, Edy’s Frozen Bars etc.)

I’m fortunate – I love to cook and meal-prep in some ways relaxes me – as long as I’m the only one in the kitchen (LOL). I buy mostly healthy foods and then get a bit creative.

I do NOT deprive my wife of her favorites. She does not have a weight problem – I do. I will buy her occasional chocolates, ice cream, pizza, chips and McDonalds etc. and have none of it myself. She has always had those things in moderation and it helps me condition myself.

When it comes to restaurants, I always check their on-line menu / nutrition guide and make multiple selections in advance. If out of town etc., I don't drive myself nuts. I know what is and isn't healthy. I know what portion sizes should look like (largely sticking with fist-size quantities).

Just sharing a bit of what I do. SO FAR I AM DOWN 156 POUNDS.

MealSamples_border_zps65f882d4.jpg

Replies