Maintaing weight, and losing fat on Primal Blueprint Nutrition

Options
Hi guys, I have been on this journey numerous times, however this is the first time that I have had success for a long time and felt good. I have lost 15lbs, and am now around 200lbs, 26% body fat. I want to drop this body fat if I can and stay at the same weight. I do 2 KB & BW conditioning workouts a week, as well as abdominal workouts every day, and have a very active job, but I wondered if anyone had experience in this or had any hints, tips or suggestions or advice.

I'm 27, and 6'2 and as I said,200lbs and 26% body fat.

Replies

• indianwin2001
    indianwin2001 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I think the best way to maintain weight and lose body fat is you must include weightlifting,as heavy as you can
  • rgauthier20420
    rgauthier20420 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    It's going to tough to do what you're looking for. A couple things to look at, to lose fat you need to eat at a deficit and to gain muscle lbs you need to eat at a surplus. You can gain strength at a deficit, but you won't make noticeable muscle gains (beside newbie gains). If you're intent on going that path, my suggestion would be to eat at a very minimal deficit but be sure to get enough carbs, fats, and protein to full muscle growth & lift heavy like indianwin said. It might just be easier and more beneficial to do a traditional cut and bulk cycle though. The latter would be a very long process and results will take longer to come which could effect your motivation. Good luck either way!
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    You are going to need to do some heavy lifting. You will not get there on your exercise regimen. Your diet has no bearing on this.

You can add muscle and lose fat at the same time (Body Recomp) but it is a very long and slow process according to most.

I have been pretty successful at it though in my opinion.