Its not working. help.

im on my first week.. but i seemed to have gained weight in the past 5 days. Im not going above my calories... why is this happening?

Replies

• astrampe
    astrampe Posts: 2,169 Member
    You might as well give up now with that attitude..., Did you gain all your weight in a week? Weight fluctuates....and its been a week.....
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Well, since you are female, are you near your period? Have you been exercising? Have you been eating a lot of salty foods? All of these things can cause water gain.

As for the diet itself, are you weighing and measuring your foods so you know how much you are eating or are you just guessing?

As for the psychology of it all, consider only weighing in once a week. Your weight will go up and down every day, depending on the time of day, how long since your last pooped, how much water you have been drinking...
  • RHPSgirl1984
    RHPSgirl1984 Posts: 436 Member
    ..When I weigh myself I do it in the morning. At the end of the day I'm usually five pounds more. Try measuring yourself also.
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    It could be water weight (time of month, exercise related, from food), it could be you're eating more than you think. With a closed diary, no history, and no context it is impossible to tell why something is, or isn't, happening.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,562 Member
    A number of reasons...water retention from starting a new exercise routine, sodium intake, TOM. You'll never lose every day or every week, that's not how weight loss works.
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,059 Member
    Sometimes I gain 5lbs in a day depending on what I eat. Weight fluctuates for a variety of reasons. Don't worry!