Belly fat?

Options
I'm like 20-25 lbs from my goal weight but my belly still hangs a little I'm worried I'll reach my goal weight and I'll still have it hanging. How long does it take for skin to rebound if that's the case with my belly? According to my BMI (taking account frame size) the least I should weigh is around 147 so I'm really concerned about this. At what point will I know if I need a body lift? I hope I don't as they are super expensive.

Replies

• NaomiJFoster
    NaomiJFoster Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    I'm just reaching my goal weight. My belly has definitely shrunk, but it is still what I call a Buddha Belly. From what I understand, having read the forums for a couple years, is that the body will continue to change even when you are maintaining your weight. Continue exercising, continue eating well. Slowly, the muscles will develop in other areas of the body, and the fat in the belly will dissipate. Something like that. But it's certainly not an overnight event. Patience and perseverance are key.
  • nancybuss
    nancybuss Posts: 1,461 Member
    Options
    Good answer ^^
  • MamaP47
    MamaP47 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Totally concur ^^
  • Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,286 Member
    Options
    you wont' know until you get to goal weight, if it's just fat I wouldn't worry, if it is extra skin, it may be there to stay.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Jennloella wrote: »
    you wont' know until you get to goal weight, if it's just fat I wouldn't worry, if it is extra skin, it may be there to stay.

Till you get to goal and maintain a couple of years
  • Beck2288
    Beck2288 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for your responses. I'm just kind of scared. I know it's fat but it looks like more than just a lower belly pooch. which is what has me a little freaked.