Glaze w/ regular sugar & *not* powdered/confectioner's (?)

Options
brownvs
brownvs Posts: 40 Member
Well, I am running low on sweets and I really want something tasty to eat tonight. I just moved 1200+ miles so I don't have many ingredients.

I was going to try to make some sort of a glaze or sweet topping for these sad little wafers I have - however, I only have sugar, water, organic sesame oil, regular vegetable oil, truvia (blech). I don't have powdered or confectioner's sugar.

I figured I could make some kind of a glaze for the little cookies/biscuits/wafers whatever you want to call them. To make them a little tastier.

Any thoughts on how to make a glaze with regular sugar?

ETA: I also have 2% milk

Replies

• AlexandraStyles101
    Options
    I have tried to make icing in the past with regular sugar. I mixed everything together but it was completely grainy until I put it in the microwave a couple of times. So you're probably going to want to melt or dissolve your sugar somehow or it's going to be a grainy glaze.
  • brownvs
    brownvs Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I got impatient and put it on the stove, equal parts sugar and water and a small amt of sesame oil and teeniest dash of salt. The texture was admittedly disappointing (too grainy as above) but I ate it on the cookies and got rid of the sugar craving. Oh well. :P