i love my cuppa!!!

Options
de1amo
de1amo Posts: 266 Member
i am looking for a bit of confirmation and info about the act of drinking tea at meals, i have heard before that drinking tea with meals washes the goodness of whatever i have eaten away-mostly the iron! İs this true and if so how long should i wait before having a cuppa after consuming a meal?

Replies

• cathcakey
    cathcakey Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    I've read something similar, in a number of places. My (basic) understanding of it is that the tannins in tea will prevent the absorption of some key nutrients, including magnesium. It's recommended not to have tea within an hour of eating.

Hope that helps
  • de1amo
    Options
    thanks very much--every bit of advice is very useful in making the most of my limited intake and keeping as fit as possible!
  • Alleghany
    Alleghany Posts: 200
    Options
    Wow! Didn't know that! Thanks for asking this question/sharing this info since I drink about 4 cups a day, usually within an hour of eating.
  • de1amo
    Options
    i rarely drink tea with meals but the other day i had one of those heavy meals that deserved a cuppa--someone mentioned it at tthe time and for the rest of the day i felt deficient despite a good feed!!
    i will also have breakfast without from now on