Replies

• Cedarwren
    Cedarwren Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Thank you!
  • mygnsac
    mygnsac Posts: 13,413 Member
    Options
    Got my jar and seeds now, so gonna give it a try!

bpgmbryq1x5f.jpg
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    mygnsac wrote: »

Cool! The "Broccoli and Friends" is my basic mix. What is in the little packet?

• mygnsac
    Options
    earlnabby wrote: »

Cool! The "Broccoli and Friends" is my basic mix. What is in the little packet?

Alfalfa. I was thinking I would cut my teeth on the alfalfa and see how that goes, then try the other mix in my second batch.
  • mygnsac
    Options
    My alpha sprouts are done (and they taste great!) and I'm on to the Brocolli and Friends now. This is so cool! Question...do you put your sprouts out in the sun to green them up, or just eat them as is?

095fmhvipqdu.jpg
  • earlnabby
    Options
    My alpha sprouts are done (and they taste great!) and I'm on to the Brocolli and Friends now. This is so cool! Question...do you put your sprouts out in the sun to green them up, or just eat them as is?

I usually eat them as is. I really don't have a good place to put the jar where it will get sun this time of the year but will sometimes put it out on the balcony for a few hours in the summer.

Oh boy. I am known as a bit of an enabler in another forum. I have now enabled my first MFP person >:)

• amandarawr06
    amandarawr06 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I have never sprouted my own at home, but I did work in a sprout factory for 5 summers while in university. We grew alfalfa, broccoli, baby onion, pea (which were my favourite), and radish.
    So yummy. And such a fun alternative to lettuce.
  • earlnabby
    edited November 2014
    Options
    I have never sprouted my own at home, but I did work in a sprout factory for 5 summers while in university. We grew alfalfa, broccoli, baby onion, pea (which were my favourite), and radish.
    So yummy. And such a fun alternative to lettuce.

LOL, I never thought of a "sprout factory" but I guess they have to mass produce them somehow. One of these days I will get some more seeds and I am going to try peas.