open diary!

Options
I feel I'm doing pretty well, but am open to any helpful advice!

Replies

• CupcakeCrusoe
    CupcakeCrusoe Posts: 1,374 Member
    Options
    If you're doing well, no need to change anything. It's when you stall out that you re-evaluate your food choices.

I would mention that it's always good to get in the habit of weighing/measuring EVERYTHING so that you can be as accurate as possible with your calorie counts. It will help you in the long run. But it looks like you're doing that, so good on you. :)
  • Vanilla_Lattes
    Vanilla_Lattes Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to weigh everything. I'd say I've weighed 99% of things for about 2 weeks, excluding my Starbucks. I'm nervous about thanksgiving because I don't plan on weighing, just trying to choose the healthier options at the buffet :) I know I can't build muscle and lose weight, but is doing weight training pointless? For example, I'm doing body weight + 10 lb weights squats to help lift my butt area. Is this pointless while losing?
  • CupcakeCrusoe
    Options
    Weight training definitely helps while losing weight! You won't build muscle on a deficit, but you will retain more muscle mass if you lift.

Because weight loss includes fat loss and lean muscle loss. So if you keep your protein up and weight train while you lose weight, you won't gain muscle, but you won't lose as much, which will make a huge difference in how you look at whatever weight. :)
  • Vanilla_Lattes
    Options
    Can you still "tone" a muscle tho?
  • CupcakeCrusoe
    Options
    There's really no such thing as toning, it's a personal pet peeve of mine, that word.

You maintain muscle by high protein and working the muscles- aka lifting heavy. If you use light weights, it's not going to make any difference on your muscles, because they're accustomed to that level of exertion. Since you can't gain muscle in a deficit, go ahead and lift heavy, and you'll be maintaining your level of muscle as well as you can while losing. :)
  • Vanilla_Lattes
    Options
    I'm going to try and get some lift equipment at Christmas this year :) thank you very much!
  • CupcakeCrusoe
    Options
    You're so welcome!
  • Vanilla_Lattes
    Options
    Friended you! I may have some questions later :)
  • redfisher1974
    redfisher1974 Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    brwelch1 wrote: »
    I'm going to try and get some lift equipment at Christmas this year :) thank you very much!
    Great investment!