One more time!

Options
rehan82
rehan82 Posts: 22
edited November 2014 in Getting Started
Hey,
I usually don’t find much time to write much but I thought maybe my experience with MFP could help someone to stay motivated and put their best efforts towards their health and fitness.

As far back as I can remember, I always wanted to get in good shape and become fit but nothing actually helped in achieving this goal until around 3 years ago I found MFP.

It was interesting how I found MFP. I was visiting my physician for a regular check-up and she asked me to keep track my food for a week and show her how I am eating. So I started looking for an app that will help me record my food as go about during the day. That’s how it all started and I discovered one very interesting thing about myself. Being an engineer, my mind just works with number and that what MFP was giving me! It was perfect thing for me and I just stuck with it!

It changed my lifestyle for the better and I followed every good advice I could get about being healthy and logged everything religiously! About 10 months later I was 56 lbs lighter and had to buy all new cloths. I was not where I should have been in terms of BMI but my fitness level was really great. So I thought I should take a little break from logging everything and just follow the good eating habits that I picked in those last 10 months.

Then my company opened up a new office in New York and transferred me across the pond. Getting used to a new country and work was really challenging. On top of it, I found that compared to England, my food options and quality did go really down in New York. In contrast though, the portion sizes went really up! But in general, I tried to choose my food carefully and tried to stay away from American fast food as much as possible. Then in February 2014 I had an accident and ended up breaking my left arm’s radius bone. For a couple of months it was not physically possible for me to actually do any sort of exercise.

In short a lot has changed in the last 2 years and my focus on health has not been that great. But in all of this I did not gain more that couple of pounds weight and had kept what I lost since I started MFP. Which I think is amazing because everyone will tell you that you gain it all back if you stop!

Since I did not achieve what I wanted from the beginning, I have started to log everything again so that I can put more focus on my health this time around and complete what has been an amazing transformation in my lifestyle so far.

A lot of my great friends on MFP have either left or are not active anymore. So it would be great if I can make some new friends and keep myself motivated to achieve my fitness goals. So please feel free to add me as a friend.