I can feel/see my calf muscle!

Options
Keema2003
Keema2003 Posts: 36 Member
Call me crazy, but I was just super excited because I put on some heels and could see my calf muscles. I go to my husband all excited and say "Look feel my calf!" He laughs at me and says everyone can feel their calf muscle. I say no everyone cant sometimes its covered in fat... He goes on and downplays what I just said. So he pretty much just stole all my excitement and took me from 10 to a 1! -_- So I figured I would just share here

Replies

• Goddessmiamia
    Options
    That's phenomenal! You're right, not everyone can see it or feel it! Keep up the good work!! That's amazing! I hope someday I am able to see all of my calf muscle (without any fat) and wear calf boots!!
  • EmilyEmpowered
    EmilyEmpowered Posts: 650 Member
    Options
    That is great! I love when new muscles start showing that I couldn't feel/see before! If your husband is anything like my boyfriend, then he has never been overweight and doesnt understand how exciting those things can be!!

That is an awesome way to tell you are making progress, so congrats! :flowerforyou:
  • moondawg14
    moondawg14 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    You're not crazy! And your husband needs a stern talking to! You should hire some dude to be feeling your calf muscles when hubbie gets home from work! :^)
  • loriwhitefaith
    loriwhitefaith Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    CONGRATULATIONS HUN...BE VERY PROUD OF THAT MOMENT...YOU FELT IT AND DON'T LET ANYONE STEAL YOUR JOY
  • SabrinaJL
    SabrinaJL Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    That's awesome and you have every right to feel proud of it!

Once I was having ankle discomfort and was moving my leg around trying to stretch it out and noticed a large lump on my shin. I was like, "WTF is that?!" I called my husband over to look at it and he laughed and said, "That's a muscle, dummy." :laugh:
  • fitwithcurves
    fitwithcurves Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Ignore him! It takes work to actually see your muscles and you have every right to be excited! So congrats :happy:
  • Sarab120
    Sarab120 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    That stinks he made you feel like that. He should tell you everyday how beautiful you are. You put in a lot of hard work. Good for you.
  • kymkan
    kymkan Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    I have one of those at home too!!! lol... That is an AWESOME nsv!!! Those muscles are the hardest to get to see (on my body shape anyway) and that's what I'm working on now! I'm so happy for you. Congratulations!
  • Becksga
    Becksga Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Love the look of calf muscles in heels!!! And no, not everyone can see/feel theirs. Good for you!!!
  • ornatelykate
    Options
    haha - this is awesome. I have been taking bootcamp classes since August and it is AMAZING when you see something new - a bone or muscle - that you haven't seen before! Your body changes so much from working out and not everyone can understand that unless they've been there. Good job!
  • lauren3101
    lauren3101 Posts: 1,853 Member
    Options
    Haha, I know exactly what you mean, I noticed mine for the first time last week and my other half didn't get it either. It's a big achievement and something to be proud of, so well done. :smile:
  • Steph_135
    Steph_135 Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    FABULOUS WORK!! I haven't had calf muscles since my dancing days (ie when I was younger than 18)! :laugh: Good for you!! :drinker:
  • dellaquilaa
    dellaquilaa Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I had the same experience this weekend! I was laying on my side one morning, and I stretched out and noticed that (althought slight) defining line between calf and fat, and I was like "OMG WAKE UP AND LOOK AT MY LEG!"
    lol he was so annoyed.
  • Footballgirl83
    Options
    Call me crazy, but I was just super excited because I put on some heels and could see my calf muscles. I go to my husband all excited and say "Look feel my calf!" He laughs at me and says everyone can feel their calf muscle. I say no everyone cant sometimes its covered in fat... He goes on and downplays what I just said. So he pretty much just stole all my excitement and took me from 10 to a 1! -_- So I figured I would just share here

my dad said the same thing to me when i was all excited i could feel my calf muscles! i dont care what they say you can't always feel your calf muscle. so i share the same awesome feeling as you! work those calf muscles girl! :)
  • agtapia09
    agtapia09 Posts: 94
    Options
    Omg I know exactly where you are coming from!! Lol don't pay him any mind girl, you know your body and of course you can notice this big change!! :flowerforyou: My calve muscles were next to non existant until I started becoming very active. Now they're a good 14 inches!! You'll see many more changes in the weeks/months to come. Keep it up, you are doing wonderful!!!:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • Keema2003
    Keema2003 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for the encouraging words....and funny comments... and interesting to see those that went through the same thing as me. Thanks so much!
  • AmykinsCatfood
    AmykinsCatfood Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    I just about had a panic attack when I felt my calf muscle for the first time in years. Thought something was wrong with my leg! Then I got waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay hyper and was dancing all over the place. It's GREAT! Be proud of yourself!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!