Sunday-Morning Strength-Training Week-in-Review Klatch

Options
How did the week go for you? Set any new PRs? Setbacks? Perhaps you uncovered a tip or a piece of advice that helped you in your training or a particular strength exercise? Or perhaps you found a video on youtube that helped, or confused? Did you finish a program? Start a program? How are you doing in your current program?

And for this coming week, what do you hope to accomplish? Set a new PR?

What happened this week in your training that you want to talk about?

Replies

• Willbenchforcupcakes
    Willbenchforcupcakes Posts: 4,955 Member
    Options
    It was an interesting week. No new prs on the big three but wasn't scheduled to test them either. Highlights were realizing that 315 is now a warmup weight for deads when I'm scheduled to work near my max, and nailing 4 rep sets on bench at a weight that is above my old max and have them feel easy.

One more week in this cycle and it's intense. Can't wait to see what I'm doing next
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    Finally got some PVC to do shoulder dislocs. Found some major problems with my OHP.
  • DawnEmbers
    DawnEmbers Posts: 2,451 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Over the last week I started Stronglifts. Though I technically haven't done a deadlift yet. I'm meeting with a trainer at the gym tomorrow to change that.

Goals for the week. Actually do a deadlift, priority number one. Other than that, just keep lifting when I can to follow the program even with holiday and work.
  • pietomb00
    pietomb00 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Had a mediocre week last week, start of a cold on Monday so went to deadlift 130kg (Would have been PR) only managed one rep, dropped to 125kg and got 4, was aiming for 5. Then had to skip remaining training days because cold became full blown man Flu.

Did get 85kg on squat, last one on second set felt dodgy so asked someone for a spot for my last set, then didn't need him! Is it generally acceptable to ask someone for a spot? (he was using the squat rack in between my sets anyway)

This week, aiming for deadlift 125/130x5, and squat 95x5 by Friday, and try slightly lower hang clean and OHP this week failed to get all reps last time. Must cycle to work this week!