10 lbs by Christmas

Options
I've got the last 10 lbs to go, is it reasonable to expect this to be gone by Christmas? I've lost the first 15 very slowly. Going up and down a bit, but I'd like this last 10 off so I can wear some of my old dresses and not have to buy new ones!

Any thoughts?

Replies

• ljmajor5
    ljmajor5 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    It will be a challenge, but you can do it. I would love to join you in the challenge. Here's to 10 pound loss by Christmas!
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    The last 10 pounds are the hardest. Don't go sabotaging your loss by doing anything more drastic then losing slowly. Any major calorie drop will most likely leave you more hungry. Stick to your plan because you are doing so great:)
  • cara4fit
    cara4fit Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Agreeing with queenliz99 - just keep on rolling with what you're doing. Slow and steady wins the race!:) At this time of year, one could feel really deprived if one has to buckle down with an even stricter program in the hopes of losing "the last 10." Better to stick with what you're doing that's already working.
  • lozzyhunxx
    lozzyhunxx Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Keep doing what you've been doing because it's obviously working! I agree with all of the above people :)
  • laurenislost
    laurenislost Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    It will be difficult, especially if you plan on doing a stuff-your face with stuffing thanksgiving and chugging egg-nog for xmas parties, hehe, but it is doable. I know I will get crap for saying this, but keto might help you. I have been doing that for the past week and lost nearly 4 pounds, yes it is likely that it is just water weight, but my body definitely looks smaller!
  • tattytrue
    tattytrue Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I am with you with the 10 lbs I just started on my journey to lose 10 lbs and then another 10 lbs after that for a total of 20 lbs not sure how long it will take me but I don't care this time its not a rush I am going to stick as close to my 1300 healthy calories daily and watch what is going to unfold. I am committed not to rush the future but enjoy each day of healthful decisions for diet and exercise - I want to work on changing my lifestyle and be in the best of health - weight loss will be a bonus I am excited to see how long it will take
  • queenliz99
    Options
    tattytrue wrote: »
    I am with you with the 10 lbs I just started on my journey to lose 10 lbs and then another 10 lbs after that for a total of 20 lbs not sure how long it will take me but I don't care this time its not a rush I am going to stick as close to my 1300 healthy calories daily and watch what is going to unfold. I am committed not to rush the future but enjoy each day of healthful decisions for diet and exercise - I want to work on changing my lifestyle and be in the best of health - weight loss will be a bonus I am excited to see how long it will take

<3
  • Leanbean65
    Leanbean65 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I'm on 1300 cals per day, when I exercise I do ten to "eat back" the calories I've burned. Good idea or not when trying to lose those last 10lbs? For example today I've earned an extra 460 in exercise, not eat or not to eat, that is the question.
  • queenliz99
    Options
    Eat back only if you sure the calorie burn amount is correct. Otherwise, if it is MFP's calculation eat only 50% or 75% back.
  • ohaylinds
    ohaylinds Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    It will be my first 10 pounds, but I would love to join you guys! I set the goal of losing 8 by 1/15/15, so I won't kick myself if I don't bump it up a couple weeks. Would be awesome if I could, though!
  • MamaP47
    MamaP47 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    You can do it! Just stay motivated and don't starve yourself. Like everyone is saying, do what you are doing now because it IS working for you. ;)
  • marjikaparji
    marjikaparji Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    10 by Christmas would be awesome - Count me in! :smiley:
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    Why is your weight loss suddenly going to speed up if the first 15 went slowly? Will you be doing anything different? The less you have to lose the harder it will get.

If you have 75+ lbs to lose 2 lbs/week is ideal
    If you have 40-75 lbs to lose 1.5 lbs/week is ideal
    If you have 25-40 lbs to lose 1 lbs/week is ideal
    If you have 15 -25 lbs to lose 0.5 to 1.0 lbs/week is ideal
    If you have less than 15 lbs to lose 0.5 lbs/week is ideal
  • Karina_isela
    Karina_isela Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I would like to join this group. 10 pounds by Dec 25! I will count calories and walk everyday. Good Luck to all in this group!
  • clathrop17
    clathrop17 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I know I will get crap for saying this, but keto might help you. I have been doing that for the past week and lost nearly 4 pounds, yes it is likely that it is just water weight, but my body definitely looks smaller!

I agree- keto works. I've lost 9 lbs in 20 days

• Leanbean65
    Options
    So far so good this week, I'm going to open up my food diary, if anyone has suggestions let me know.
  • Leanbean65
    Options
    PS what is keto?
  • Leanbean65
    Options
    How is everyone doing so far????
  • obscuremusicreference
    obscuremusicreference Posts: 1,320 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I'm losing at about 2lbs/week so I might be at 8 pounds by then.

Ketogenic diets are high-fat, low carb.
  • Leanbean65
    Options
    OK, I'm just counting calories and "trying" to stay on target with Macros