Hello! c:

Options
Well... long story short (or long)

My name is courtney and I am 20 years old. Over the past year (or more) I have struggled with hypothyroidism. (underactive thyroid) So I went from being a cute 5'5/125 lbs healthy girl with a perfect bmi to a not so comfortable girl with an unhealthy bmi: I am now 165 lbs...
Over the summer a huge lump appeared on my neck and I battled follicular thyroid cancer, got a total thyroidectomy, and I am currently taking 125 mcgs of synthroid. I am feeling better... LIKE SO MUCH BETTER. my radiation went well and scans show I am cancer free!!! HOWEVER, I WANT TO LOSE THE WEIGHT I GAINED FROM MY STUPID BROKEN THYROID. (I cant blame it all on my thyroid.. I am also a *undiagnosed* chronic binge eater. I stress eat... and man getting told you have to have surgery because you have cancer makes you want to eat nothing but sour patch kids and everything made of bread) but yeah I am just looking for a little motivation and hopefully make some new friends who are struggling with the same things I am!

Replies

• raysputin
    raysputin Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    You are in the right place.

However, you must follow the site guidelines to assist your success. One piece of advice is to get yourself a kitchen scale (only a few bucks on eBay), weigh EVERYTHING you eat and drink and record it in your food diary.

If you eat under your maintenance calories, you WILL lose weight - the arithmetic works. It doesn't matter causes, motivation, state-of-mind or anything else - out>in=loss. But you will only know what you are eating by weighing and recording.
  • queenncourt
    Options
    raysputin wrote: »
    You are in the right place.

However, you must follow the site guidelines to assist your success. One piece of advice is to get yourself a kitchen scale (only a few bucks on eBay), weigh EVERYTHING you eat and drink and record it in your food diary.

If you eat under your maintenance calories, you WILL lose weight - the arithmetic works. It doesn't matter causes, motivation, state-of-mind or anything else - out>in=loss. But you will only know what you are eating by weighing and recording.

Thanks for your reply and for your tips! I am trying to follow a 1,200 calorie diet followed by exercising 2-3 times a week. (although this isn't ideal I have an extremely slow metabolism due to my recent health issues so if I eat more than that I don't see results and continue to gain)