not enough calories

Options
Does anyone have any suggestion on what to eat when your stomach is very upset. I have an autoimmune desease that often makes my stomach really upset and I cant eat much. (usually when im stressed.) thanks

Replies

• michellechawner
    Options
    fruits and veggies. I have IBS and from time to time have severe issues with my digestive tract. it seems fruits and veggies calm it down a bit... nothing spicy either! also lower fat may help, low daily intake as well.
  • SStruthers13
    SStruthers13 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    How about small amounts of whatever seems ok at the time?
  • jzammetti
    jzammetti Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    I guess it depends on the person. When my tummy is upset I tend to drink a lot of chicken broth or eat chicken noodle soup...the high sodium content will cause you to retain water temporarily if you use store bought broth and soup...but it soothes my tummy.
  • SStruthers13
    SStruthers13 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    As I sit here with my tea in my hand I thought this may help you. I drink Bigelow Mint Medley tea. It has 0 calories although I do add some sugar. Mint has been used as a folk remedy for upset stomach for centuries. Perhaps if you sip it that will help?
  • jcbgs
    jcbgs Posts: 26
    Options
    thanks for your suggestions. My stomach has been really upset lately. I have lost weight two days in a row. I dont mind losing the weight I just dont want to get ill to do it.
  • Pearlyladybug
    Pearlyladybug Posts: 882 Member
    Options
    hot peppermint tea is good when your not feeling well, soups etc too nothing to heavy on your tum. We were always given dry toast when we were sick but its not very nice haha

feel better soon :smile:
  • AlexisJ330
    AlexisJ330 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Butternut Squash Soup:

3 med butternut squash
    2 celery sticks
    1 med onion
    fresh parsely

--cut up and peel squash, cut celery and onion. Place in pot with 3 cups water and bring to boil. Simmer for 20 min until squash is soft. Transfer to food processor (will take a few batches) and blend until smooth. Put back on stove and add a little salt, pepper, nutmeg, and cinnamon. Easy to make and save for when you're not feeling well.
  • jcbgs
    jcbgs Posts: 26
    Options
    thanks my fiancee would love this.