Only 7 lbs Down in a Month...

Options
13»

Replies

• katherine_startrek_fan
    Options
    I agree with the above!

You are doing a great job thus far - 7 pounds is nothing to scoff at. I also agree that you are probably eating way too little!

It can definitely be difficult thinking about how long it will take to get to goal, but setting up goals along the way can help!

To keep me on track, I participate in 5 several 5Ks during the winter, which keep me motivated.

I also have 10 pound goals in which I can do something special when I reach the marker. I am one pound from my next goal and am debating between new running shoes or a mid summer race at the moment. But it could also be going out to a movie, buying a new video game, etc.

Most people who do the mini goals will choose larger goals as they get closer to their final goal.
  • gabrielleelliott90
    gabrielleelliott90 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Tbh, you should be glad it wasn't more. More chance of gaining it back if you lose it quick.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    IrZeo wrote: »
    999tigger wrote: »
    The point was consistency in the key and remind yourself that it will take time to get to target.

Pthers will be better at looking at your diary. The exercise sounds good, but the thing I noticed is you are eating very little and I would question as to whether you are going too severe. The danger of too severe is you can give up due to boredom or you binge out.

The estimate for your mainteance calories I looked at was near 4000, so 2lbs a week would be 3000 calories a day but looking at your diary it shows you are eating between 1300-1500 calories a day and not taking into account your exercise calories. Talk to your Dr and dietician. You need to pace yourself and be patient.

So far only my Dr is helping me with my plan, I have been referred to a 'weight management programme' at the Hospital in my city on the 12th December, so hopefully they'll help me figure it out a bit better... since I clearly suck at it so far.. I'm actually terrified I'm burning more muscle than fat because I can't really notice a whole lot of change after losing a little over 40lbs, besides one of my coats now fit a tiny bit better.
    You don't suck at it! You've lost a lot of weight! That's not sucking. :)

It has been my experience that the longer you lose, the harder it gets. I'm not the first one to experience that and I won't be the last. Some weight loss experts will recommend losing for six months, then staying steady for a few months, then going back to losing again. Some don't. There are several schools of thought on that.

One person here who lost like 200 pounds or something high said she stalled out for like five months. It happens.

It's great that you're going to get advice. Don't give up. Plugging along when it doesn't come easy...that's the reason you will be so damn proud of yourself when you're done!!

Hang in there! :)
  • njitaliana
    njitaliana Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    I'm heavy, too, and I lose about 7-8 lbs a month. I look at it that 7 lbs a month X 12 months=84 lbs in one year. That a lot! We didn't get fat overnight, so we won't get thin overnight. But, we will get there.

19818185.png
  • TheSatinPumpkin
    TheSatinPumpkin Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    You are going great. Pat yourself on the back.
  • ShellyBell999
    ShellyBell999 Posts: 1,482 Member
    Options
    Congrats!! :D
    Wish I could lose 7lbs in one month :|