Thanksgiving- Are you counting calories or macros?

Options

Replies

• Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Are we talking 6000 calories just for Thanksgiving dinner? Or for the whole day?
    I believe they are, 6000 cals for the day.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    JoRocka wrote: »
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    I plan on logging everything. I'll definitely have my food scale handy Thursday! Mostly out of curiosity, but also because I am going home to see my family for Christmas and I have a goal weight I want to be at by the time I get home

so you are really going to whip out the old food scale at thanksgiving dinner????? I am really just curious..

I mean- why not?

I don't know ...I just think that holidays should be exempt from the food scale...that is not really based on anything, just a personal preference/belief...
    BUT SCIENCE!!!!!!!!!

FOR THE SCIENCE!!!

(that being said- I'm a guest at my BF's family's home... and he wont' even be there- so I am not sure I can get away with it- I'd happily do it with my own family/friends- they know I have problems.- I'd honestly love to know how much turkey I ate. I might bring it and secretly weigh it in the kitchen. ... I NEED TO KNOW... protein bra- protein)
  • PrizePopple
    PrizePopple Posts: 3,133 Member
    Options
    Are we talking 6000 calories just for Thanksgiving dinner? Or for the whole day?

Thanksgiving is the day where there is only one meal... followed by grazing. I might be so kind as to prepare some cinnamon rolls for the morning, but everyone best come to my house starving ready to take down the freaking 19 pound turkey I got.
  • Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    no way.
  • BrittTomore87
    BrittTomore87 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Luckily I don't like thanksgiving food so I'm not too worried about raking up too many calories but I'm probably not going to count just because it is a holiday and I'm running a 5k in the morning so I won't feel too guilty for eating some desert
  • willrun4bagels
    willrun4bagels Posts: 838 Member
    Options

Thanksgiving is the day where there is only one meal... followed by grazing. I might be so kind as to prepare some cinnamon rolls for the morning, but everyone best come to my house starving ready to take down the freaking 19 pound turkey I got.

Yeah, I hear you. I normally have breakfast and coffee really early when I wake up, something small like at 11 for lunch, and by noon-1pm, the foodfest begins. I could very easily eat 6k calories from 12pm-onward though.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »
    Okay, someone needs to go into the nutrition forum and make that thread. I would do it but chances are it would get deleted.
    I'm on it.

in other news- due to the inpending storm and a wake I have to attend that is generally in the same direction I travel to head to my BF's- I'm not leaving tomorrow- I'm leaving today... which means I completely forgot my effing food scale.
    -
    DAMNIT... I seriously wanted to know how much turkey I ate.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options

Only 19 pounds? I got a 22 pounds turkey two weeks ago for our family of 4. Needless to say, hubby just finished it two days ago. That was a LOT of turkey, lol!

I'm thinking I'll just keep count in my head of how much I'm eating and do quick calories. I have a pretty good idea of how many calories are in everything by now so it will just be easier than trying to remember everything at the end of the day.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    jennitm wrote: »
    Nope. On holidays, I challenge myself to do the right thing without punching numbers. Enjoy, but not binge.

why would it be considered "binging" if you just enjoy eating a bunch of food for one day ..? Why do we have to give it a negative connotation..???
  • StaciMarie1974
    StaciMarie1974 Posts: 4,138 Member
    Options
    Thanksgiving is a challenge: I admit that. I won't be in my own home, and won't be bringing my food scale to my mother in law's house. I'm good with estimating though. And don't typically pig out or anything. I am going to approximate to the best of my ability.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    I will eat a TINY breakfast and dinner (like 150 cal each) and a huge Thanksgiving lunch. I will probably log it, too - but it will just be a rough estimation.
  • Mariachicat
    Mariachicat Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I'm going to a restaurant and I'm going to indulge in a LOT of yummy food. I am keeping to my workouts this week - Wednesday night and Friday morning I'll go a little bit harder in the gym!
  • sdionnemoore
    sdionnemoore Posts: 45 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Def counting cals! 1000. . .2000. . .3000. . .4000. . . o:)
  • Angurla
    Angurla Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    TDay plan: 5K walk/jog, log everything, eat in moderation, and enjoy every minute of it. I am not going to pile guilt and shame on my plate this Thanksgiving.
  • fat2strongbeth
    fat2strongbeth Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    I'm not counting on thanksgiving. My goal is to not overeat. I also have a workout planned for the morning.
  • kenyainez
    kenyainez Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I won't be. I won't even know how to log. I know what I'm putting in the dishes I'm making but I have no idea how many ounces or cups of ingredients are going into the dishes made by others. I'm not sweatin' it. But after Thanksgiving I will be back on my grind.