Scale not budging

Options
That1Chick_Brit
That1Chick_Brit Posts: 2,541 Member
edited November 2014 in Health and Weight Loss
Hello. Question for you fine people here on MFP. I am a month into my new life style and meticulous tracking here. I lost 12 pounds so far but the scale seems it had frozen. its been just about the same for my last 2 weigh ins. I have however lost 2 inches, one of them being this week. I exercise but not daily, and its almost always cardio. Does this just mean I am losing body fat? Is it possible to lose body fat and not weight? I don't think I have really build any muscle. Maybe a little bit. Thanks in advance!

Replies

• malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    You've lost twelve pounds in a month? Congratulations!

Weight loss is not linear. There will be days and weeks where you don't lose or even gain (I'm currently on that end right now because I started lifting again). As long as you're logging accurately, you should drop again soon.
  • Branstin
    Branstin Posts: 2,320 Member
    Options
    Sometimes, you will lose inches even if the scale doesn't move. Just keep taking measurements as well as weigh-ins.
  • That1Chick_Brit
    That1Chick_Brit Posts: 2,541 Member
    Options
    malibu927 wrote: »
    You've lost twelve pounds in a month? Congratulations!

Weight loss is not linear. There will be days and weeks where you don't lose or even gain (I'm currently on that end right now because I started lifting again). As long as you're logging accurately, you should drop again soon.

Thank you! It was just the start to a diet so I don't expect to lose that much every month. But it does get frustrating when the scale doesn't move at all!