Getting started Post Partum-- Needing Support and Insight

So I have am back after having my 4th child. 2 months Postpartum i am down less than 10lbs… my baby was 7lbs!
I know food is my issue, but even with chasing after my kids, I am only burning approx 1700-1800 calories a day (BMR based on the use of a GarminVivofit). I guess I had anticipated eating around 1800 calories for weight loss… now I feel like I really need to lower the calories. (I know I am allowed to allot approx 500 for breastfeeding.)
So I guess I am just discouraged-- my calories are lower than I thought I needed them to be, I have big issues with food and my will power is kind of non-existent.
I am 5'9ish and starting at 179 and have 20lbs left to get to pre-pregnancy weight. I would like to be 10lbs less than that in the end, however. I am trying to walk 3x a week and I love to Spin
I am looking for other women to help support me in the journey- Other mom's battling food issues, time management and getting rid of baby weight. I need people that will help me stay motivated, and that I will be encouraged by… please send me a note and add me!

Replies

• cbhutton
    cbhutton Posts: 53 Member
    I'm 5.5 mo pp and am also working on it! I will add you.
  • mommyrunning
    mommyrunning Posts: 495 Member
    Our bodies can be a bit tricky after losing baby. When I was nursing my second the weight was stubborn and I just maintained for a while. I am 8 months pregnant with baby 3 and plan to nurse again. I would say keep logging and moving. You will be able to find a balance between the # to lose weight and also not hurt your milk supply. There's a group called Moms with Babies with lots of supportive ladies.
  • melduf
    melduf Posts: 468 Member
    If you're breastfeeding, don't touch your calories!!!!! Move more. I lost 5 lbs in a 3 months while breastfeeding by eating 2000 cal a day and walking with the stroller every afternoon. (and I don't lose weight that easily)
    While breasfeeding, you can't expect to lose fast. Concentrate on making muscles instead of losing weight. That way, you will ensure a good milk production. Once you wean, you can change you calories and focus on losing fat.
    It took me a year for my ribs and hips to get back to their original shape. Even if I weighed less than before my pregnancy, my body shape just wasn't the same. So don't put too much pressure on being "like before". Be patient and consistent, focus on being healthy and the next thing you'll know, you'll be where you want to be!!
  • lad323
    lad323 Posts: 82 Member
    Sending a friend request. I also like to eat and will never be able to eat 1200 calories a day. I’ve set my goal to 1/2 pound a week. It takes longer but I am happier so it’s worth it to me. It might be something you would like to try too.
  • Falcon
    Falcon Posts: 853 Member
    edited November 2014
    melduf wrote: »
    If you're breastfeeding, don't touch your calories!!!!! Move more. I lost 5 lbs in a 3 months while breastfeeding by eating 2000 cal a day and walking with the stroller every afternoon. (and I don't lose weight that easily)
    While breasfeeding, you can't expect to lose fast. Concentrate on making muscles instead of losing weight. That way, you will ensure a good milk production. Once you wean, you can change you calories and focus on losing fat.
    It took me a year for my ribs and hips to get back to their original shape. Even if I weighed less than before my pregnancy, my body shape just wasn't the same. So don't put too much pressure on being "like before". Be patient and consistent, focus on being healthy and the next thing you'll know, you'll be where you want to be!!

plus one

She's right, don't mess with your calories while breast feeding. Once you are weaned then reconsider. But for now, you want a good milk supply for your baby. if you mess with your calories, you risk messing with the baby's nutritional needs.

My friend's border collie pups sucked the fat right off her. Don't worry about it for now.