Right dominant leg smaller than left non-dominant leg?????

Options
This might be a silly discussion, but I gotta ask!

Soooo I have noticed this issue for a long time and am wondering if anyone has ever had the same issue - whether it be their legs, arms, whatever.

I use the stationary bike for cardio and noticed that my right leg is smaller than my left - only I can notice obviously, but others will only notice if I point it out.

I am assuming this is common - if I work out my left leg more on the machine (lead with it as opposed to my right) will it even out?? I hate it!! It is so annoying looking to me! I pretty much did this cardio for a month over the summer and noticed at the end of the month - so would I have to focus more on my left leg to even it out for a month?

help! hah

Replies

• redfisher1974
    redfisher1974 Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    Not sure if it will even out, My weak arm is 1/2" bigger then my strong arm and always has been. I wouldn't worry about it.
  • into_fitness
    into_fitness Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    aw mannn ok!
  • MsHarryWinston
    MsHarryWinston Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    My thighs are about a 1/2" difference as well, so weird.
  • Sam_I_Am77
    Sam_I_Am77 Posts: 2,093 Member
    Options
    Most people will have a dominant hand and leg. Are you left-handed by chance? Unless the strength discrepancy between the two is huge I wouldn't worry about it too much. When I got my wife's engagement ring sized I used a ring she wore on her right ring finger and it ended-up being a bit larger than her left hand because she's right-hand dominant. I think that stuff is just normal.