HELP I have two problems and not sure what to do.

Options
I am at a plateau and can not get it to move . I go up half pound or down half pound and it is driving me crazy. My other problem I think maybe I have the winter time blues. I am very sad alot and hateful (that is just not me). I walk alot but now that winter is here i am not going as much. I still put on warm clothes and go but It gets dark so early that I am only getting a morning walk in. I just feel so very sad and not sure what I can do to pull myself out of this plus the plateau I am in any ideas would be great

Replies

• xjgirl94
    xjgirl94 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    My friend pays a ton of money every month to have his own personal trainer and he told him when he got to a plateau that his body is use to how he has been eating/working out. Idk if its healthy but he was told to take one day and eat any and everything he can and then pick back up the next day eating healthy and going back to the gym.
  • erindunphy
    erindunphy Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    This time of year can be difficult to get outdoor walking in, I'm the same way, it's dark when I get out of work. Luckily I have a treadmill though so i moved my workouts indoors. You could try a gym membership? Maybe get a 3 month pass just for the winter if you want to get back outdoors in the spring.

You could also try reducing your calorie intake by 200-250 calories, that should provide enough of a calorie deficit to get you past the plateau! It could just be that your body has adjusted to the calories you're averaging now if you've already lost weight.

Hope that helps!!
  • terri_mom
    terri_mom Posts: 748 Member
    Options
    For "Winter Blues" I have a Full-Spectrum lamp. It is next to my chair at home, so it is on me during my morning coffee, then in the evening while DS is doing his homework. I think it cost about $20 a few years ago. Worth every penny. Good Luck ! ! !
  • redfisher1974
    redfisher1974 Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    terri_mom wrote: »
    For "Winter Blues" I have a Full-Spectrum lamp. It is next to my chair at home, so it is on me during my morning coffee, then in the evening while DS is doing his homework. I think it cost about $20 a few years ago. Worth every penny. Good Luck ! ! !

I have read about these, Seems interesting.
  • Jessalynn54
    Jessalynn54 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    One thing that I use to like to do that would lift my spirits is detail my car. If you show cars you may get into it like I use to. Turn music on, sing and clean....yup I'm crazy hehe
  • Go_Mizzou99
    Go_Mizzou99 Posts: 2,628 Member
    Options
    I had a plateau last for nearly 2 months once. But I was also measuring hips, waist, neck, etc., and saw I was still losing inches so I waited it out.

Moral of the story, if you are not measuring, start doing so.

You have already made some tremendous progress...so you obviously know what to do. Good luck!
  • mizzzc
    mizzzc Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    I had a plateau last for nearly 2 months once. But I was also measuring hips, waist, neck, etc., and saw I was still losing inches so I waited it out.

Moral of the story, if you are not measuring, start doing so.

You have already made some tremendous progress...so you obviously know what to do. Good luck!

This!!!
  • erindunphy
    erindunphy Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Also when you say that you are sad a lot, I've been there too and I'm currently on anti depressant medication. It's made a huge huge difference for me, but before I got to that point I was taking St. John's Wort, just an herbal supplement that acts as a low dose anti depressant. (I don't take it anymore as it's not safe to mix with prescription anti depressants). I was also seeing a counsellor from my work's employee assistance program, is that an option you can look into? Even if it's just the blues and you have no issue with depression it can be a great help to talk to someone :)
  • kendalslimmer
    kendalslimmer Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    St. John's Wort and Vitamin D supplement should help with the winter blues! :smiley: As for a plateau maybe try the 5:2 diet for a while, or try eating at maintenance for 3 weeks to 'reset' yourself, or decide that it's water weight...

http://www.muscleforlife.com/water-retention-and-weight-loss/
  • fivethreeone
    fivethreeone Posts: 8,196 Member
    Options
    How long has this plateau lasted? How much are you eating daily?
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!