Need Ideas for Spinach and also Shrimp Recipies...

Options
TrainingToBePerfect
TrainingToBePerfect Posts: 1,418 Member
Someone want to help me find some HEALTHY ideas for spinach (i hate salads) i've been putting it in smoothies and everything.. Also Some great Shrimp ideas ?

Replies

• Swiftlet66
    Swiftlet66 Posts: 729 Member
    Options
    Make wraps? I also like to lightly par boil them, then squeeze the water out and chop it up. Then in a pan, lightly fry some chopped garlic in olive oil over low heat, add soaked raisins/soaked cranberries/maybe some nuts, then continue to lightly pan fry for the flavors to mix, then add spinach and then turn up the heat and stir fry for a minute or so. Finally, you can season with salt/pepper and a tiny bit of lemon if you want.
  • SquidVonBob
    SquidVonBob Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Boil spinach for about a minute, shock it in cold water to stop the cooking. Squeeze out the water and chop it into bite sized pieces. Then add some soy sauce and sesame seeds and/or paste. It's a nice side dish, but I wouldn't make a meal out of it.
  • pscarolina
    pscarolina Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I just lightly sauté spinach in a little olive oil (use a non-stick pan so you can use less oil or even just the cooking spray) & add a dash garlic powder & sea salt. Come to think of it...I do shrimp basically the same way.

Also, if I'm going to have pasta I add some of the sautéed spinach to it. The garlic & olive oil plus moisture from the spinach gives the pasta some flavor. That plus a chicken breast is a pretty good dinner.