Monday NSV

Options
Hey everyone. So if you're anything like me you loathe Monday morning! So to start this day on a positive note, I wanted to hear what everyone's NSVs are for today.

Mine is having done 25 minutes straight on my exercise bike. Hard to believe I started at only 5 minutes a few months ago!

Replies

• Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    I couldn't find the pants I wanted to wear today but I did find the pair that was too small. It fit!!! I was going to give them away but I had spent a lot of money on them. I am glad I kept them.
  • feralkitten1010
    feralkitten1010 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I am the same size today that I was the day I graduated from high school! :smile:
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    Great NSV!

My Monday NSV today is ordering a Chicken Cordon Bleu sandwich from Arby's along with a chocolate turnover. Two quite HORRIBLE choices, yes. But I ate the sandwich sans bun and then scraped the chocolate filling out of the turnover, enjoyed it and scrapped all of the pastry. And I didn't feel one bit sad about tossing the rest in the garbage. Even 6 months ago that would have been hard for me to do. For me this is a win because chicken, ham, cheese, and chocolate is a high calorie fatty lunch but it could have been about twice the calories it was.
  • chunkytfg
    chunkytfg Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Can someone explain what NSV is? i've seen it mentioned a few times but even in the context of these threads I still can't work it out?
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    Non-scale victory :)
  • chunkytfg
    chunkytfg Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Of course it does! Thanks for that.

In that case mine was having a proper rest day from my training and managing to stay under my calorie goal. I normally use my training as a way of giving myself breathing room.
  • TuffChixRule
    TuffChixRule Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Mine would have to be that the jeans I am wearing today which no longer make me look like an overstuffed sausage :) The waist is getting quite loose too.
  • rbfdac
    rbfdac Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    I've finally had 3 people notice my weight loss- and it only took 35 pounds to happen :neutral_face: And two were family. But it counts! :blush:
  • azwen
    azwen Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    At the gym today, I did two sets of 15 reps on the horizontal leg press at 135 lbs. Then I thought, hmm, I wonder how 150 would feel now? I did a whole 15 reps at 150! So now I have moved up from 45 lbs. all the way to 150 lbs. on the horizontal leg press. Pretty cool. :-)
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    I've been running for about nine months now and, even having lost 50 pounds and getting a bit faster, I still feel self conscious doing it with people around. My NSV for today was running 2 miles (and walking 1) on the indoor track at the gym even with the ROTC folks running at the same time.
  • IndigoSue13
    IndigoSue13 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I'm wearing a pair of pants today that did not fit me at all 4 months ago. They sat in my closet for years with the hope of "someday" getting into them. I looked in the mirror at work, and I noticed the pants are, in fact, getting baggy in the butt! Going to have to find a smaller size soon. :)
  • NeverGoingToQuit
    NeverGoingToQuit Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I worked out for 27 minutes and logged in again. Im building myself back up to the full 45 I use to do. And I HATE working out!
  • shadowloss
    shadowloss Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    I noticed this morning after getting out of the shower in all my glory, that as I wrapped the towel around my waist, it actual over lapped the entire front of me.

This was one of the indicators for me a few months ago, when I was nearing the end of the towel and being able to wrap it around and having it stay. My next option was a beach towel, and I said Hell NO!
  • ColoradoBringItOn
    ColoradoBringItOn Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I went to PF Chang's with 12 girlfriends and ordered a hot tea and a mixed greens side salad and just enjoyed the company. I came home and ate my regular planned clean food meal. Normally I would have stuffed my face along with all of them. Today I was focused on the bigger picture.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    shadowloss wrote: »
    I noticed this morning after getting out of the shower in all my glory, that as I wrapped the towel around my waist, it actual over lapped the entire front of me.

This was one of the indicators for me a few months ago, when I was nearing the end of the towel and being able to wrap it around and having it stay. My next option was a beach towel, and I said Hell NO!

GREAT one!! I loved hitting that point so much. For many many years I stocked my home w/ primarily giant beach towels for that reason and even used to take them on trips with me! It's crazy using regular towels and even being comfy in the ones at motels and hotels. Love it.
  • mfleeg
    mfleeg Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I was told by someone taking my measurements that I had a tiny ribcage. Tiny. I'll take it!
  • moonbeams896
    moonbeams896 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I'm wearing a shirt that is 10 years old (that I haven't fit into for about 8). I had tried it on just a couple of weeks ago and it was too small. Also in new pants that are three sizes smaller than the work pants I've been wearing (which have almost been falling down). So, now at work, I've had a few people tell me how lovely I look today. Feels so good
  • caperchick78
    caperchick78 Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    These are all great! Keep it up :)
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    I made it through Thanksgiving without going food crazy!!!
  • jessiruthica
    jessiruthica Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    shadowloss wrote: »

This is a good one! I've had the same results with my towel at home. Now I'm hoping for the same with those stupid little towels at the gym!