Soo.. what's your fave healthy meal?

Options
Calling all weightloss people! I would love to know what everyones favorite healthy "go to" meal is? :)for me, I've been loving feta and egg salads. :#

Replies

• KylaDenay
    KylaDenay Posts: 1,585 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    My current fave go to is 5 oz of ground beef seasoned like taco meat, with 130-150g of white rice, 85 g of frozen mixed vegetables and 1 tbs of butter all mixed together in a bowl. Love it. Great for macros and it taste so good.hoykpj3lvg8h.png
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Options
    Baked salmon with lemon slices, baked potato with Earth Balance, and green beans or asparagus drizzled with EVOO and garlic.

• jasonmh630
    jasonmh630 Posts: 2,850 Member
    Options
    Baked salmon with lemon slices, baked potato with Earth Balance, and green beans or asparagus drizzled with EVOO and garlic.

Need a job? lol

• redfisher1974
    redfisher1974 Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    Anything on my plate!
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Options
    jasonmh630 wrote: »

Need a job? lol

Only if it pays more than my current one :)
  • jasonmh630
    jasonmh630 Posts: 2,850 Member
    Options
    jasonmh630 wrote: »

Need a job? lol

Only if it pays more than my current one :)

When can you start? ;)
  • ThatLadyFromMN
    ThatLadyFromMN Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Baked parmesan tomatoes. :) (ok sometimes I use fresh mozzarella but I'm sure you can sub in your favorite). Slice tomatoes, put in baking dish, drizzle with a little olive oil and fresh oregano, freshly ground black pepper, top with your cheese of choice parmesan/mozzarella.. bake 400 degrees for like 10 minutes. :) Yum, I like to put them on a piece of ciabatta bread (or bread or whatever of your choosing).
  • njmark72
    njmark72 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Champion Pasta from Musclemaker grill....

Whole Wheat Pasta
    Turkey Meatballs
    Diced Grilled Chicken
    Marinara Sauce
    Fat-Free Mozzarella

All for 374 calories... Deeeee-lish.

Mark
  • Sailatsorf
    Sailatsorf Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Grilled garlic chicken breast with a sprinkling of parmesan cheese and a side of oven roasted potatoes, carrots, and green beans.
  • ThatLadyFromMN
    ThatLadyFromMN Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Also, grilled avocado is good. cut avocado in half, put flesh side down until you get a nice little grill mark, fill the hole where the "seed" was with freshly homemade (or store bough) salsa and squeeze a little lime juice and a dash of garlic powder... *drool*
  • JourneyToWonderWoman
    Options
    I have quite a few: 3 bean turkey chili, Weight Watchers style chicken pot pie, crock pot lasagna, and Weight Watchers style chimichangas.
  • JustAnotherGirlSuzanne
    Options
    Salmon with green beans and quinoa. Extremely filling, high in protein, and almost always induces a drop on the scale the following day. :)
  • beamie2687
    beamie2687 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I love love love taco salad. I use ground turkey sauteed with an undrained can of tomatoes and taco seasoning (the water from the tomatoes will help the seasoning stick to the turkey), spinach instead of iceberg, as many veggies as possible (corn, beans, peppers, onions, literally anything) and then I use spicy salsa for the dressing and occasionally a little low-fat sour cream for my dairy/fat.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    For an after work snack - farmhouse bread toasted with cottage cheese, avocado and tomato

as meals at the moment I'm rather partial to butternut squash risotto and a green salad
    Or
    Seared fresh tuna on a bed of mixed watercress, rocket and spinach salad with anchovies, green beans, new potatoes, egg..drizzled with olive oil and balsamic
  • AgentOrangeJuice
    AgentOrangeJuice Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    Pork and Quinoa meatballs over brown rice with tikka masala sauce.

3 Eggs, 1 Cup of Broccoli, 1 Cup Grape Tomatoes, 1 oz Feta, 1 Yellow Onion, 9 Kalamata Olives, 1 cup brown rice (sautee broccoli and onion, add egg and fry, put over brown rice, top with tomatoes, feta and olives, devour.)
  • rbfdac
    rbfdac Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    Vegetarian Burritos with spinach salad on the side.

1/2 cup Morningstar crumbles with taco seasoning
    90 calorie wheat tortilla
    sriracha (sp?)
    laughing cow cheese
    pickled jalepenos
    lettuce

another 1/2 cup crumbles
    1-2 cup spinach
    lite southwestern salad dressing
    shelled sunflower seeds
  • CatLady1309
    Options
    Jacket potatoes! :)
  • oxers
    oxers Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Lately, work lunches have been a seared lemon salmon fillet, garlic and olive oil couscous and a broccoli/cauliflower mix, but it's getting to be cabbage soup season, oh YES. I'll basically be living on homemade soups and stews from now until April.
  • Rosie_McA
    Rosie_McA Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Mine is baked smoked haddock with broccoli, cauliflower, quinoa, and my homemade hot pepper relish.
  • BWBTrish
    BWBTrish Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options
    bzr2z4ttvlle.jpg

filled portabella

1 portabella
    fresh garlic and ginger
    strips of skirt beaf
    pepper
    cummin
    beansprouts
    and couple of pieces of broccoli