You re etting too thin

Options
2»

Replies

• rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    It's important to consider these two factors when a friend/coworker/family member says this.

1.) as the general population gets fatter and fatter it desensitizes us as to how a normal healthy person should look. You generally hear an overweight person commenting on someone being "skinny" and "don't lose more weight" even if that person has an overweight bmi or high level of bodyfat because their perception is skewed.

2.) nothing brings out the hatred and jealousy in someone like seeing another person succeed in something they aren't. Many people want to be thinner but lack the will, determination, dedication, and consistency to do it. They use the guise of "concern" to neg you down a notch.

In regards to your picture, you most definitely do not look too thin. You're over 20-23% bodyfat so you shouldn't have to worry.
  • Newcaro4life
    Newcaro4life Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    My mother in law told me once that I was too thin, that I should stop loosing weight. And my mom said I looked better with some more weight on me. :neutral_face: as long as I feel good that's all that matters
  • KimofTas
    KimofTas Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    You look beautifully curvy in all the right ways and for all the right reasons. It really makes no difference what one other soul thinks - it's what you feel that matters.
  • steff274
    steff274 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    you look absolutely fine probably jealous of what you have achieved!! different body types hold weight differently.. I weigh myself each morning because I am fighting not to drop!! although my bmi is healthy (on the low end) I Look too thin.. was pleased to see I was up 2 pounds this morning am sure this victory will be short lived!! :\
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    OP, based on your picture, you look fit to me. Is there a reason she is concerned? i.e. is she seeing you starving yourself or anything? If not, then just ignore the person. There will always be people who will criticize the way you look etc. and unfortunately, in todays world people feel its somehow acceptable to bash skinny and fit people.
    "Essential fat" levels for women are at 10-13%. People at that level and up are not "too thin." You're fine. Person at work is delusional.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Body_fat_percentage

Not that I think the OP is too skinny but shouldn't this number have some correlation with the muscle too? I mean don't we see in cases of anorexics that they have higher body fat percentage but very low muscle?
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    it's cute how you covered your face with a heart.
This discussion has been closed.