Options
DJ478
DJ478 Posts: 909 Member
Oven stopped working looking for stove top recipes so far done tacos n burgers

Replies

• SquidVonBob
    SquidVonBob Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    There's a really good Japanese dish called soboro don. It's ground chicken and egg over rice. Of course, you can skip the if you're trying to cut calories and/or carbs.

http://www.justonecookbook.com/recipes/tori-soboro-donburi/
  • DJ478
    Options
    Thanks squid
  • bluesarah13
    bluesarah13 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    How about chili, bolognese sauce over pasta, frittatas, stroganoff, sloppy joes (loose meat sandwiches). My fav use for ground chicken is Shepherd's Pie but you have to bake that :(
  • yankeedownsouth
    yankeedownsouth Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    Lettuce wraps!!
  • DJ478
    Options
    Blue I know sucks my oven don't work I'm mostly a baker lol
  • njitaliana
    njitaliana Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    Feta Stuffed Chicken Burgers

2 pounds uncooked ground chicken breast
    1 Tbsp oregano
    1 tsp minced, fresh garlic
    1 pkg low fat feta cheese, crumbled
    Pam

1. Mix chicken, oregano, garlic powder and cheese together in a medium-sized bowl; divide mixture into eight balls and then press them gently into patties.

3. Spray frying pan with Pam. Cook chicken patties until done.
  • NK1112
    NK1112 Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    Ground Chicken Cutlets
    makes 4 servings

1 pound ground chicken
    1 egg
    2 slices good-quality white bread, crusts removed
    1/4 cup half and half or milk
    1/2 teaspoon salt
    1/4 teaspoon fresh-ground black pepper
    1/2 teaspoon dried dill OR 1 teaspoon dried parsley
    1 cup dry bread crumbs
    2 tablespoons oil - high heat stable oil

Break the bread into pieces, in a large bowl, soak the bread in the half and half (or milk) until the liquid is absorbed ( a couple of minutes). Mix in the chicken, egg, salt, pepper and dill/parsley. Place in the freezer for about 10 minutes to firm up.

Remove the chicken mixture from the freezer (it will still be soft). Form the mixture into 4 or 5 oval cutlets and lightly coat them with bread crumbs.

Heat half the oil in a nonstick frypan over moderate heat. Gently transfer the chicken cutlets to the pan and fry until golden brown, about 5 minutes. Add the second tablespoon of oil to the pan when you flip the cutlets over to fry the second side until golden brown and cooked through.

Remove the cutlets to a platter and let rest while you make some sides for it ... very good is cucumber and tomato salad. Or use the cooked cutlets to make a sandwich. Some people like to make a little gravy and simmer them in it like for Salisbury Steak.

Note ... some people like to add a couple tablespoons of soft butter into the meat mixture so it imparts some fat into the ground chicken, but I don't do that and haven't had a problem with it tasting too dry.

I like the taste of Mustard Cider sauce over the cutlets as a switch to plain. ...

2 teaspoon vegetable oil
    1 medium shallot, minced
    1-1/4 cup apple cider
    2 tablespoon cider vinegar
    2 teaspoon whole grain mustard
    2 teaspoon minced fresh parsley leaves
    1 tablespoon butter
    salt and pepper to taste

In the same pan as you used to fry the cutlets, ... off heat, add the vegetable oil and shallots to the hot skillet, using the risidual heat, cook, stirring constantly until softened, about 30 seconds. Set skillet over mideium-high heat and add cider and vinegar; bring to a simmer, scraping pan bottom to loosen any browned bits. Simmer until reduced to 1/2 cup ... about 7 minutes. Off heat, stir in the mustard and parsley, whisk in the butter. Adjust seasoning and serve with the cutlets.