How often do you weigh in maintenance?

Options
2»

Replies

• JimiGains
    Options
    sijomial wrote: »
    Daily.
    Which is the same whether I'm losing, maintaining or gaining weight. I like data and that's all it is - just a part of the jigsaw.
    I find it interesting to see the fluctuations and understand what causes them. Can also spot a trend earlier.

This

• laineybz
    laineybz Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    I weigh once a month now. I still count my calories but base them monthly instead of daily or weekly. I want to start lifting properly so I will eventually be basing it on my clothes and how i feel.
  • bvifun
    bvifun Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    I'm 3 months into maintenance and I still weigh myself most days. Then I do not worry unless I am outside my 3 pound range. I need that feedback to keep me accountable.
  • acogg
    acogg Posts: 1,870 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    A couple of times a week, dressed. It's hard to believe that I have weaned myself away from the scale, I was a several times a day weigher. I knew what I weighed after doing pretty much anything. I was obsessed, lol.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    When I think about it. Sometimes a couple times a week, other times I go weeks without. I've been maintaining for almost 3 years
  • Vailara
    Vailara Posts: 2,454 Member
    Options
    Daily. It's normal for weight to fluctuate by a couple of pounds, so it wouldn't be helpful for me to know that I was two pounds heavier than I was on a particular date a week or a month ago. It wouldn't be useful information - what am I meant to do? Cut my calories? Go on as I am? With daily weights, I can chart them and see if a loss or gain is part of a general trend, or if it's a normal fluctuation.

There are other reasons too. I don't panic about a gain, because I haven't gained two pounds of fat since the day before. It also keeps me on track and reminds me that I'm on a permanent diet!
  • myfitnesspale3
    myfitnesspale3 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Daily log of weight and BP. In maintenance I do not log food.
  • hummingbirdhope
    hummingbirdhope Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Happymelz wrote: »
    I just switched to maintenance (I'm in my 2nd week) and so far I'm happy with how well I've been able to stick to my calories for the 1st week.
    I even saved some of my calories up for the weekend (I always looked at weekly rather than daily when I was losing anyway.)

My question is, how often do you weigh?

I assume that since sticking to my calories and exercising and eating most of my exercise calories back worked for losing the same will work for maintaining so I wonder if I even need to step on the scale.

In theory...I could just stick to my limits and my weight should stay the same (with occasional flux due to water weight).

SO...why would I need to know the actual number if my clothes stay the same and I stick to my calorie goals every day.

Nothing says you HAVE to weigh EVER!

As long as you're happy with your body, the scale shouldn't even be involved (unless necessary for health reasons) xoxo
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Happymelz wrote: »
    I just switched to maintenance (I'm in my 2nd week) and so far I'm happy with how well I've been able to stick to my calories for the 1st week.
    I even saved some of my calories up for the weekend (I always looked at weekly rather than daily when I was losing anyway.)

My question is, how often do you weigh?

I assume that since sticking to my calories and exercising and eating most of my exercise calories back worked for losing the same will work for maintaining so I wonder if I even need to step on the scale.

In theory...I could just stick to my limits and my weight should stay the same (with occasional flux due to water weight).

SO...why would I need to know the actual number if my clothes stay the same and I stick to my calorie goals every day.

Nothing says you HAVE to weigh EVER!

As long as you're happy with your body, the scale shouldn't even be involved (unless necessary for health reasons) xoxo
    Shouldn't?
    or, isn't for you?
  • janicelo1971
    janicelo1971 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    Every day. Just as I did when I was losing.

this..have maintained for 6 plus months
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options
    As much as when I was losing - about once every 3-6 months. Not fussed about weight. All about size of waist etc.
  • sgfoster110
    sgfoster110 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I weigh daily.

Have been on maintaince for a couple of years. I watch my daily calorie intake with MFP and my exercise calorie burn. I don't worry about the fluctuation in weight daily as long as my cloths do not get tighter. So far I haven't had that problem. Basically I maintain the same life style as when I was losing weight. Watch the fast foods and processed foods with sugar. I keep my daily calorie intake to 1400 max. That will vary from person to person, but that works for me. I am working on maintain muscle tone.
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    Maintaining for almost 9 months now. I still weigh a couple times a week as that's enough to notice the trends but not enough for crazymaking! I watch my macros daily though.
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    I weigh every morning when I get up because it's what I do. I know it will fluctuate, but then I don't have to think about it.

My son is on a medicine that is an appetite stimulant so that, while his weight is fine, he needs to watch it. I have told him to weigh every day when he gets up and figure his weight is stable if he's bouncing within the same 5 pound range. It's worked so far.

I've maintained 2 years.

• dopeysmelly
    dopeysmelly Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    sijomial wrote: »
    Daily.
    Which is the same whether I'm losing, maintaining or gaining weight. I like data and that's all it is - just a part of the jigsaw.
    I find it interesting to see the fluctuations and understand what causes them. Can also spot a trend earlier.

This is me too.
  • SuggaD
    SuggaD Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    I rarely get on the scale at all. And I've been maintaining for many months now in a range. When I'm at the top of my range, I adjust a tad. When I'm at the bottom of my range, I keep chugging along. I can always tell by just clothing fit.
  • ksarm
    ksarm Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Same here! I've been maintaining for the past 8 months now and I weight myself daily. I also continue to log my food and make smart food choices about 80% of the time. :)
    69steve112 wrote: »
    I weigh daily.

Have been on maintaince for a couple of years. I watch my daily calorie intake with MFP and my exercise calorie burn. I don't worry about the fluctuation in weight daily as long as my cloths do not get tighter. So far I haven't had that problem. Basically I maintain the same life style as when I was losing weight. Watch the fast foods and processed foods with sugar. I keep my daily calorie intake to 1400 max. That will vary from person to person, but that works for me. I am working on maintain muscle tone.