Step Motion Detector on iPhone

Options
I just found the setting on my phone that counts all my steps, and while I do walk a lot just in normal day activities, would it be a good idea to use it on myfitnesspal so it contributes to my daily activity? Not sure if it will overestimate calories burned or not, does anyone else use it?

Thank you!

Replies

• dougii
    dougii Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    I use a fitbit flex but do not link it to MFP nor do I add the steps in as part of my daily exercise (unless of course I am running or walking as a form of exercise). I am more interested in seeing how active I am. The longer I have used the tracker the more I find myself trying to surpass my daily step goals. My belief is that any tool that you can use to get you to move more is a good tool. I would go ahead and use it!
  • wildwhisper96
    wildwhisper96 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    dougii wrote: »
    I use a fitbit flex but do not link it to MFP nor do I add the steps in as part of my daily exercise (unless of course I am running or walking as a form of exercise). I am more interested in seeing how active I am. The longer I have used the tracker the more I find myself trying to surpass my daily step goals. My belief is that any tool that you can use to get you to move more is a good tool. I would go ahead and use it!

Thank you! Great way to look at it!