The not so pretty side to losing weight- lose skin :-/

Options
2»

Replies

• beattie1
    beattie1 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    Brilliant job Elise! I hope you'll find that the spare skin will tighten up to some extent on its own, but I read that there's a time lag. You've made such a difference to your health and appearance - you're doing great! Thanks for sharing your pics and inspiring so many others too.
  • xALEXANDROx
    xALEXANDROx Posts: 3,416 Member
    Options
    I *Applaud you *
  • Lupercalia
    Lupercalia Posts: 1,857 Member
    Options
    Congratulations--you've lost a lot of weight! That's hard work.

Regarding your "loose skin"....that is fat, not loose skin. I've got that stuff too (excess body fat on arms, tummy, etc.). You need to continue to lose fat until you get to a very lean state to assess whether or not you truly have loose skin or not. Loose skin that isn't full of fat doesn't look like that--it's very flat, paper thin.

You get rid of that by simply losing more body fat. Lifting weights (if you don't already) combined with a moderate caloric deficit is a great way to shed fat and contour and shape your form.

Best wishes. :flowerforyou:
  • JDBLY11
    JDBLY11 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    What is your weight and height? You look great with clothes on. You can't even see your stomach issues. That is encouraging. It should go down over time as you maintain/ lose more weight and gain muscle, though it may not. I am worried about my stomach as I lose weight but at least I will look good in clothes.
  • JDBLY11
    Options
    I soooo totally feel your pain. I was at 380 pounds for at least 10 years and finally topped out at 420 pounds. I am currently around 220 pounds and oy vey the lose skin is killing me. I not only have the "apron" on my lower stomach but ALSO a second smaller "apron" above my belly button :sad: I also have what I call angel wings with my arms and I even have excess skin on my thighs!!!! Good golly if that's not depressing you!!!! Sorry but it's the horrible truth. I am hoping for skin removal surgery by the end of the year for my stomach and possibly my arms too. Oh, and I forgot my boobs!!!! Boobs??!?!?! What boobs??? They have pretty much disappeared!!!! So with all that said I am so incredibly lucky to be in a relationship with a man you love me fat or skinny! Excess skin or not!!!!

Congrats on your great success!!! The excess skin sucks for all of us but staying fat just isn't an option, is it?!?!!?

It is amazing that you lost 200 lbs. Great job!
  • JDBLY11
    Options
    Congratulations--you've lost a lot of weight! That's hard work.

Regarding your "loose skin"....that is fat, not loose skin. I've got that stuff too (excess body fat on arms, tummy, etc.). You need to continue to lose fat until you get to a very lean state to assess whether or not you truly have loose skin or not. Loose skin that isn't full of fat doesn't look like that--it's very flat, paper thin.

You get rid of that by simply losing more body fat. Lifting weights (if you don't already) combined with a moderate caloric deficit is a great way to shed fat and contour and shape your form.

Best wishes. :flowerforyou:

I agree. I think it is fat too.
  • alisaprince1
    Options
    AMAZING job! Build them muscles ;)I personal believe most of it will tighten up. You have done and are doing a wonderful job!
  • Elise_healthy4life
    Elise_healthy4life Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    What is your weight and height? You look great with clothes on. You can't even see your stomach issues. That is encouraging. It should go down over time as you maintain/ lose more weight and gain muscle, though it may not. I am worried about my stomach as I lose weight but at least I will look good in clothes.
    I'm 5'6 and 79kgs (179lbs)
  • Rockstar_JILL
    Rockstar_JILL Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    Amazing job!!! You look fantastic!!!!
  • So_Much_Fab
    So_Much_Fab Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    Just chiming in to say you've made amazing progress and you look great!
  • sarahn724
    sarahn724 Posts: 13
    Options
    I think you look absolutely beautiful and regardless of your loose skin, you are so much healthier. I have well over 100 lbs to lose as well and have always been under the impression that I will try to have the mindset that loose skin is much better than skin filled with fat. I seriously applaud you and you should be proud that you did it and look amazing and wonderful. Congrats!!
  • Iowadolls
    Iowadolls Posts: 7
    Options
    It is wonderful that you turned it around younger. What a wonderful life you will have..
  • sweetpea129
    sweetpea129 Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    That is not bad at all! I had the same worries, of loose skin, when i first started. I'm SO glad to say that i have very little. I also hear that time helps a lot. I bet once you get to goal that you will be pleasantly surprised :flowerforyou:
  • lithezebra
    lithezebra Posts: 3,670 Member
    Options
    You look great! Loose skin is a small price to pay to have your life back.
  • laineylynnfit
    laineylynnfit Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    You are BEAUTIFUL and CONGRATULATIONS on your accomplishment of losing weight. I am afraid I will have loose skin as well. Have you tried incorporating weight lifting into your routines??
  • BarbellBlondieRuns
    BarbellBlondieRuns Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    I agree with another poster... Loose skin is a small price to pay for a healthy active body :) And there's nothing wrong with a lil nip tuck if that's what you decide to do. We all have to do what works best for ourselves and what makes us happy as individuals. Great job!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!