New Birth Control...

Options
Sooooo... I had Mirena (an IUD) for a little over a year, all the while I was losing the weight... I lost about 60 lbs.. Then I decided I was going to be a surrogate. I had to get my IUD removed and get on the pill... I have gained 10-14 lbs and I just can't seem to get it back off... I need it all gone by the 5th of December to maintain a BMI under 32.. UGH!! Why does there have to be side effects to switching medications.... And weight gain being the biggest one for me. :neutral_face: not fun. I am so nervous. Help. Even though there really isn't much to help with.

Replies

• tmm_0127
    tmm_0127 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    So the change in bc methods has been relatively recent? It can take several months for your body to adjust to the change.
  • ems212
    ems212 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    tmm_0127 wrote: »
    So the change in bc methods has been relatively recent? It can take several months for your body to adjust to the change.

It took me almost 6 months before my weight quit fluctuating and for my body to adjust to it.
  • JazzFischer1989
    JazzFischer1989 Posts: 531 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    What exactly is the cause of the weight gain? Is it bloating/water weight or does your appetite increase? I switched birth controls twice and expected to gain weight but it didn't happen. I know everyone is different but I'm just curious.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    BC impacts your hormones- so while there might be some water weight- 15 pounds is going to most likely be from a hormone induced change in appetite.