How many calories do you think this is?

Options
So like always, I'm going to a restaurant with no nutrition info.

I'm planning on the either having:
1) 4 fried chicken wings with corn bread, collard greens, and pickled beets or sauteed spinach. The chicken wings are really big, probably the length of my hand. They are not battered but fried very crispy. Or,
2) Liver and onions (description says grilled with bacon and tomatoes) with the same sides. This comes in a big diner sized portion.

Corn bread is about the size of a normal sized cupcake. Sides are pretty big portions but fits on the plate still.

I'd rather over-estimate than under estimate, so what are the upper end of calories you would estimate for these two dishes with the sides? I was thinking of logging maybe 1500 for the fried chicken and a little less for the liver?

Replies

• Lasmartchika
    Lasmartchika Posts: 3,440 Member
    Options
    Well you could find similar entries on the database and just add those. It's pretty much all you can do is guesstimate. Like you said over estimating is better.
  • LazyFoodie
    LazyFoodie Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Database entries are all over the place, esp liver and onions. A lot of homemade entries and hard to tell how size of each serving. But that's is how I got about 1500 ish cals. Just wondering if people thought that was a good estimate or if it's way under/over.