Want to lose weight: Stop Counting Calories

Options
This was an article I was just reading, it peaked my interest because since starting MFP I have been loosing weight counting calories and a lot of my MFP friends have also. The title was misleading, but it did peak my interest...just like it peaked yours when I used it for this discussion. Basically it was saying when counting calories, but loose sight of the nutritional content of loosing weight. People are counting calories and losing weight, but are still eating foods that lead to different chronic metabolic diseases(DM, HBP, etc...). Title was very misleading, but I guess that was the purpose to get peoples attention.

Replies

• adamitri
    adamitri Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    I have to count, it makes me aware of moderation and it also helps me keep myself accountable.
  • Natasha_Fit_Fab
    Natasha_Fit_Fab Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I know it works for me...that's why I was like what??? I guess the purpose of the article was to tell people to not only count calories but also pay attention to the nutritional content of their food...Hey to each it's own. Whatever works for you...lol!!
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    Please put a link to the article so we can all read it.
  • volfan22
    volfan22 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I don't count calories - per se. I pay attention to them but I count my macros more - (fat/carb/protein/sugar/fiber). I too would be interested in the article.
  • Natasha_Fit_Fab
    Natasha_Fit_Fab Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Sorry...I tried to copy link...it looked jibberish...but the article was in the Huffpost Healthy Living: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/11/25/calories-weight-loss_n_6205320.html?ncid=txtlnkusaolp00000592
  • ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,623 Member
    Options
    Eating donuts while dieting isn't going to give you cancer. Anyone who has tracked calories for even a while will understand that one needs to eat a balance in order to feel satiated. So I can't eat donuts all day, I'll be starving even if it's 2150 calories of donuts.

Yeah, I stopped skimming after "described sugar as a "poison,""