"What kind of Asian are you?"

Options
2»

Replies

• weevil66
    weevil66 Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    I usually get some remark about sushi and geisha girls. Or the person will start speaking to me in Japanese. I just respond with "sure....." and do the shifty eye thing and give them my best "what the hell you talking about" grin. I can say beer, money, toilet, and pencil in Japanese so unless they say something involving those I have no clue what they are talking about. And i hate sashimi. I am a bad Asian.

Does that mean you're not good at math and a good driver? :wink:

Not asian, but wanted to bump this so I can see the video when I get home.

Heheh!!!

We won't discuss the driving. Math either. Or karate.
  • abeechu
    abeechu Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Died laughing at this one when I saw it last week.. and then immediately started craving fish & chips. Also, has anyone else noticed that people who ask this question never say it normally? In my experience, they always slow it down and say "Where are you FROOOOOM?"

How do y'all respond in real-life to this question? I'm super sassy about it like the girl from the vid :D
    One time I spoke in my thick Filipino accent (I imitate my relatives all the time) "I'm prum de San Prancisco Bay aria. I like tu go und watch de San Hosay Sharks flay in de aych fee (HP) center und hit de hockey *kitten*!"

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

Hahaha. Whenever I get this question out of the blue (as in some random stranger comes up to ask me this = in my experience usually some guy with yellow fever-- ick.), I actually pull out the Texan in me and respond in Southern drawl. So many good laughs out of their responses.