I love McDonald's!

Options

Replies

• 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    I hate McDonalds and think I have been in one three times in my whole life. The same with all fast food places except an occasional Papaya King hot dog.

But, if you like them, they post the calories on the menu. Just log what you eat.
  • Rebeccabecca1985
    Options
    Hornsby wrote: »
    I just never heard anyone say that- I wasn't sure if that's what you meant. I know that probably wouldn't work for me...but I guess it might depend on what you are eating there.

Then the science teacher who lost weight eating a diet solely from McD's is really going to blow your mind! http://www.forbes.com/sites/rosspomeroy/2014/01/07/super-size-me-science-teacher-loses-37-lbs-eating-at-mcdonalds/

Pretty good macro splits as well ^^^

Cool, Thanks for the link. BTW- How did you manage to hyperlink that? I can never do that in threads?
  • gamesandgains
    gamesandgains Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    If we're talking fast food, I prefer popeyes. Dem biscuits!! I need like 10. Just for me.
  • JeffseekingV
    JeffseekingV Posts: 3,165 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    I just never heard anyone say that- I wasn't sure if that's what you meant. I know that probably wouldn't work for me...but I guess it might depend on what you are eating there.

Then the science teacher who lost weight eating a diet solely from McD's is really going to blow your mind! http://www.forbes.com/sites/rosspomeroy/2014/01/07/super-size-me-science-teacher-loses-37-lbs-eating-at-mcdonalds/
    Here’s how: With the help of three of his students, Cisna simply planned and followed a diet that totaled no more than 2,000 calories each day and closely mirrored the reference daily intakes of carbohydrates, protein, fat, and cholesterol. Mind you, he didn’t merely scarf a single meal to sate those requirements; he savored three square meals each day! A typical day’s sustenance varied, but it would typically include two egg white delight McMuffins, a bowl of maple oatmeal, and a 1% milk for breakfast; a salad for lunch; and a value meal for dinner.

Not really. He ate at 2,000 calories a day and walked for 45 min per day. the one burger meal they mentioned was a "value meal". that could be most anything.

IMHO, when people mention McDonalds, they aren't referring to the salads and oatmeal. Although they offer a good selection on of them
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options
    I've eaten McDonalds throughout this process. I've lost 58 pounds so far. If it fits, and I want it, I eat it.

• Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    To me McDonald's- and most restaurants like that- are about convenience not super tasty food. I make tastier food when I cook. My family usually gets lunch from somewhere like that once a week though so I eat it.
    Maybe plan to have it once a week or every two weeks. Maybe eat half of what you usually do. Log it and move on.
  • Rebeccabecca1985
    Options

Here’s how: With the help of three of his students, Cisna simply planned and followed a diet that totaled no more than 2,000 calories each day and closely mirrored the reference daily intakes of carbohydrates, protein, fat, and cholesterol. Mind you, he didn’t merely scarf a single meal to sate those requirements; he savored three square meals each day! A typical day’s sustenance varied, but it would typically include two egg white delight McMuffins, a bowl of maple oatmeal, and a 1% milk for breakfast; a salad for lunch; and a value meal for dinner.

Not really. He ate at 2,000 calories a day and walked for 45 min per day. the one burger meal they mentioned was a "value meal". that could be most anything.

IMHO, when people mention McDonalds, they aren't referring to the salads and oatmeal. Although they offer a good selection on of them

This is true. I am not referring to the "healthy" options they offer. I mean I have a problem with the Burgers and Fries ... although I wish I had a problem with too many salads. Ahhh Grass is always greener.
  • prettigirl01
    prettigirl01 Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    my addiction is to chipotle. I can eat it 4 times a week if I could afford to but I do get it about once a week which isn't bad but I load up on everything bad. extra rice, cheese and sour cream. omg! for me I have not accomplished just having it as a cheat meal. I want it when I want it. i do believe like someone else said that if you fit it into your daily goal then whats the problem? you can eat what you want as long as you don't go overboard. everyone doesn't feel this way but i refuse to give up what i want because of what others think.
  • fabulousmomma
    fabulousmomma Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Its a given that McDonalds is garbage for our bodies, but yes you can lose weight by eating any crappy food, the key is to stay under your calorie goal (calorie deficit). Honestly, me personally would rather eat healthy stuff through out the day then waste my allotted calories on one Big Mac meal or what have you. It's all about baby steps honey, if your craving something from McDonalds...maybe start by allowing yourself one item from the menu. The key to success on MFP is accurately logging everything you consume, and staying under your goal calories.
    Best of luck to you, feel free to add me if you want.
    Cheers
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Man loses 56 pounds on McDonald's.
    Hornsby, according to MFP forum logic, you were eating at a deficit, including the McDonald's days. Hard to do, but it can be done.
    I don't like McDonald's any more. I went on a salt fast for a month and rediscovered the taste of fresh food. McDonald's is WAAAY too salty for me now. If I must be there, I can finish about half a wrap, or I take half the bun off a burger.
  • Jessalynn54
    Jessalynn54 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    McD's sweet tea is so good it make my teeth hurt. But for money wise I love making homemade burgers and experiment with all different seasonings. New fav recipe is the jalapeño popper stuffed burger
  • Rebeccabecca1985
    Options
    jgnatca wrote: »
    Hornsby, according to MFP forum logic, you were eating at a deficit, including the McDonald's days. Hard to do, but it can be done.
    I don't like McDonald's any more. I went on a salt fast for a month and rediscovered the taste of fresh food. McDonald's is WAAAY too salty for me now. If I must be there, I can finish about half a wrap, or I take half the bun off a burger.

Hey, how were you able to link that in your message. I tried to but I don't know how?
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options

Hey, how were you able to link that in your message. I tried to but I don't know how?

insert the text that you want to use as a link (I prefer to use the actual link so people know where they're going), highlight that text, choose the link button at the top of your message box (looks like two circles "linked"), insert the link in the box that pops up, click okay, and you should get your link.

• tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,711 Member
    Options

It probably depends more on quantity. I'm sure some people can eat a reasonable amount of fast food and lose weight. It's still all about calories.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't say that I love it but I do like it and get a craving once in a while. Today for lunch, for instance. I had a quarter pounder with no cheese plus a small fry. Then I went to Dunkin Donuts and got a large coffee with cream. It was a delicious mixed denomination lunch.
  • mitch16
    mitch16 Posts: 2,113 Member
    Options
    I have a somewhat-over-programmed teenage son so sometimes we have to rely on fast food between one commitment and the next. McDonald's is not my favorite, but if you watch what you're eating you can get by relatively unscathed.
  • higgins8283801
    higgins8283801 Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    when I do eat fast food, i try to get the kids meal sizes. like a 4 pack of nuggets and sub out the fries and get a diet coke. I don't eat fast food often anymore, but when i do that is what I do.
  • JeffseekingV
    JeffseekingV Posts: 3,165 Member
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »

It probably depends more on quantity. I'm sure some people can eat a reasonable amount of fast food and lose weight. It's still all about calories.

That's tough. 2 cheeseburger meal with medium fries and diet coke is right at 980 calories. And it's not all that much quantity. Sure I can make it fit but I have to something else with the rest of the day to make that fit.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    Its a given that McDonalds is garbage for our bodies,
    Cheers

Actually, no it's not.

• Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options

No, that's actually the real logic behind it. We are talking MFP lack of logic right now...lol.