Do workouts make you hungrier?

After working out consistently for 5 - 6 days a week, about an hour a day for a few months...I find I'm hungrier than I used to be. Is this normal?

Yes, I've gained a little muscle but I'm no muscle-bound beast by any means (you know I mean that in the nicest possible way).

Also, what can I do to curb the hunger? Drinking water doesn't help. I find myself craving salty carbs...yikes! Any advice? Anyone else find this to be true?

Replies

• 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    It seems to affect people differently. Some people it makes hungrier and others it has no effect on. length, type and intensity of workout will probably have an impact as well i.e over 90 mins is more demanding. Also some people have a pre workout snack and hydrate beforehand. Not something that affects me, but I tend to eat a snack before and after.

• peachyfuzzle
    peachyfuzzle Posts: 1,122 Member
    I burn whatever amount lifting on SL5x5, and then 300-400 calories jogwalking for 25 minutes after. It takes a little over an hour total, but I find that after I cool down I am absolutely famished.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,603 Member
    If i do a big amount, I'm generally much less hungry, but much hungrier the next day.

If I swim all day, I will be very hungry. Nothing works the body like swimming.