Hi fromOntario- My story's not different-Just want support

Options
Parmcat
Parmcat Posts: 268 Member
Hello there,

I am Parm from Ontario, and about 30 minutes ago, I was indroduced to this site by a co-worker. She is well ahead of me on the road to wellness, but we all have to start somewhere!

I am a married 43 year old male nurse, with 2 awesome boys 12 and 9. I have type 2 diabeties, and ITP (low platlets)

I currently am weighing in at 320 pounds. I am not happy about this, and am trying to take my life back.

About a month ago, I started a new diet with support from co-workers who were doing similar things...but these people are the type that want to lose 10 pounds for the summer...I want to lose 75! I am doing a protien shake meal replacement twice a day, with very healthy food choices inbetween, and a good lean meal at dinner. My wife is so awesome at helping me with this goal, and supporting me in the journey.

In the first 3 weeks of this "diet" I have lost 6 pounds. It is a bit discouraging, BUT there are other positives! My energy level is way up, AND my Blood glucose level is the best it has been since I started monitoring it.

I would love some new ifriends to share this journey with. I work straight nights, so often have a lot of time on my hands to type, chat, and support others.

I need support, and also have lots of support to give, and tips from the diet I am doing to share.

I am sorry for the long rant, but I am excited for the future, and some plans I have boucing in my head...

I have lots more to say, but it willI will have lots of time to say it...I hope to be around here lots! Please drop in and say hi!

Thanking you in advance!!!!

Parm

Replies

• Kitteeee
    Kitteeee Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Hey there neighbour :D, I'm in Quebec, although I did live in Hamilton for several years :), glad to add you as a friend, I too have MANY pounds to lose lol! over 100!
  • nornyb
    nornyb Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I'm also a nurse who works straight nights and am Canadian but live in Idaho now. Feel free to add me for support.
  • SteelySunshine
    SteelySunshine Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    I still have a lot to lose. Lost 45 pounds or so since October. I will never know exactly how much and I am glad. Because I would have freaked out if I saw 330-40 lbs on the scale. I know I was around there though, because of what size I couldn't fit into in October. Then I made a few changes started paying attention to what I was eating and a month later I was smaller. Then I found this place in March. In some ways ignorance was bliss. But, I am just as happy to track my calories with numbers as I was to sort of kind of guess how many I was eating. And it's nice to see numbers going down I didn't have that for a long time. BOTOH, it seems to make things feel like they are going slower when you are paying attention.

I think I had a point in there somewhere. If you don't mind a friend that rambles you can add me. Or sometimes I am eerily silent so if you are also ok with that.
  • Parmcat
    Parmcat Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Thanks for making me feel welcome!

:blushing:
  • angieroo2
    angieroo2 Posts: 973 Member
    Options
    Welcome from a fellow Ontarian.