Kettlebell for n00bs?

Options
Hi! Can anyone recommend some Kettlebell exercises for someone who's still got pretty weak arms? :D Thank you.

Replies

• jimmmer
    jimmmer Posts: 3,515 Member
    Options
    Hi! Can anyone recommend some Kettlebell exercises for someone who's still got pretty weak arms? :D Thank you.

The majority of the work should come from hip drive when using kbs.

You should learn how to do the KB swing first, in a manner that protects your lower back and full engages the hips and glutes. At the top of the swing you should be engaging your lats as well.

Kbs are a total body exercise. Look for stuff by pavel or Mike Mahler to see how it should be done. Avoid celeb trainers like that Jillian woman, or Bob Harper, they'll teach you bad form and get you hurt.....
  • dutchk
    dutchk Posts: 121 Member
    Options

You should learn how to do the KB swing first, in a manner that protects your lower back and full engages the hips and glutes. At the top of the swing you should be engaging your lats as well.

^^^ This. I don't have any experience yet but have been doing a bunch of research in preparation for the exercises Everything I've read that appears reputable provides the same advice. Here's a video that I came across that I believe demonstrates the concepts: http://www.sparkpeople.com/mypage_public_journal_individual.asp?blog_id=3382576
  • InsolentMint
    Options

Kbs are a total body exercise. Look for stuff by pavel or Mike Mahler to see how it should be done. Avoid celeb trainers like that Jillian woman, or Bob Harper, they'll teach you bad form and get you hurt.....

Pavel or Mike Mahler, check, thanks so much! :)
  • lurcstet
    lurcstet Posts: 77
    Options
    Try this website.... www.myomytv.com

all you need to know about bells!
  • InsolentMint
    Options
    ^^^ This. I don't have any experience yet but have been doing a bunch of research in preparation for the exercises Everything I've read that appears reputable provides the same advice. Here's a video that I came across that I believe demonstrates the concepts: http://www.sparkpeople.com/mypage_public_journal_individual.asp?blog_id=3382576

Awesome, thanks for the links!
  • twestla70
    twestla70 Posts: 28 Member
    Options

Marianne Kane is awesome! She is my hero! LOL! She has great form, and great ideas for shorter, high intensity workouts!