Getting There

Options
I'm not at my goal weight yet, I still have 12 lbs to go- maybe even more. But recently I have been feeling like this is worthless like I'm never going to reach my goal. But seeing pictures from where I was to where I am now motivates me to keep going and maybe it will help someone else.

This is the first photo I took, the day I downloaded MFP and started to workout. I was around 185 lbs. Looking back at it now I am shocked I was ever this big. The worst part is this isn't even my biggest weight. I had been over 200 lbs.
b1f4ceitzus6.jpg
5fznllhkk3lq.jpg

This is the most recent picture. I am 157 lbs here. I have lost a pound or two since these photos. I'm not happy with how I look but I am happy with how far I've come since the first photo. I keep telling myself 12 more pounds would be perfect but the more I look at myself the more I want to push for 20. But then again sometimes my mind plays tricks on me.
p1lzzjt3zhak.jpg
09yol9ubipqc.jpg

I hope this can help inspire or motivate people to keep doing what they are doing because I never thought I could lose this much weigh, even though it is not that much. And even though it sucks to say no to ice cream and cookies it has been worth it to me.

Replies

• MisterZ33
    MisterZ33 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    we are own biggest critics when it comes to appearence. but i see a huge difference in your pics. you have done great work. keep it up. never get too high or too low on yourself.

That last sentence is for all of us.

• jennifurballs
    jennifurballs Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    You're doing terrific! Keep it up and you'll get to your goal.
  • SarBear00b
    SarBear00b Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!!!
  • dale530
    Options
    you're going great! keep up the good work.
  • Local_Atlantis
    Local_Atlantis Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    We have exactly the same starting weight and shape by the looks of it! How tall are you?
    You can see a huge difference in your body! You're doing so well.
    I've been going through a motivation slip this week too! FR sent. Maybe we can help each other to goal? :smile: xx
  • sbrookes9
    sbrookes9 Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    Don't be so hard on yourself. You're doing an awesome job!
  • pinkiezoom
    pinkiezoom Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Brilliant job
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    You have accomplished a lot. Fabulous! <3
  • mlrtri
    mlrtri Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    Major kudos to you and your success!!! The pictures are worth 1000 words. I am starting in the 170s and hope to get down to 135 (or less). I am only 12 days into this and am scouring the success stories board to show myself that people can and are losing weight and I can do it as well. I still feel like my former, skinnier self so when I look at pictures of my current weight it is extremely difficult to see. Thank you for sharing. I hope to be where you are at soon.
  • berto23
    berto23 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I know the feeling, sometimes I feel exactly the same way you do. But lets get it done!!!!
  • meryl135
    meryl135 Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    The difference is clear and your results are wonderful. Keep up the good work.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!