Fitbit flex experiences?

Options
I'm thinking about buying a fitbit flex, but I'm a bit confused about it.

For example, if you were doing some cardio, do you use the fitbit flex at the same time as a HRM? Or does it replace the HRM?

Or is it just good to use for daily things, like walking to and from work etc, instead of having to put your HRM on?

I'm so confused :cold_sweat:

Replies

• Hungry_Annie
    Hungry_Annie Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    I have a Flex. The Flex tracks step-based activities, like walking or running. Mine tracks the elliptical as well. I wear it all day, but I wear a heart rate monitor when I am doing non step based exercise, like a workout dvd or biking.
    There are new Fitbits coming out soon that have a heart rate monitor built in. Not sure how accurate they will be, but they sound interesting. Something to think about.
  • mseslee
    mseslee Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I have the fitbit flex and I love it. The battery life on it is great and it shows you graphs and charts of how many steps you've taken in a week, month and so on. It will start you off with a initial 10,000 steps a day or at least that's where i started off and you can track your food, sync it with my fitness pal.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    Options
    I really like the flex, I feel it's pretty accurate overall for calculating my TDEE ....It doesn't recognise exercises like biking or strength training which is why some use hrms, you'd input those manually here instead.

It really gets me moving, I always aim for 60 active mins 6 days a week/15000 steps - it syncs with mfp and bounts.it which gets me shopping vouchers as a reward...win win ☺
  • ljones27uk
    ljones27uk Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I desperately want a fitbit, but with the fitbit hr out in the new year I'm trying hard to wait. If anyone has heard of an actual release date I'd love to hear it, I can only find 'early 2015' online
  • HardyGirl4Ever
    HardyGirl4Ever Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    I have the flex and it's the best one I've had. It tracks steps, activity minutes, and sleep. I'm not sure about this one, but usually fitbits have a function where you can set it before activity, stop it when you're done, and it will calculate your exercise, but I haven't figured it out on here. Laziness? I love that it syncs to different apps like this one. And the feature that especially sold me was the fact that you can get it wet so I never have to take it off, even in the shower.
  • IsaackGMOON
    IsaackGMOON Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    It's certainly something I want to get, it just seems so useful... I guess it'll have to be a Christmas present to myself :smiley:

• FaylinaMeir
    FaylinaMeir Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    no clue yet but im buying one tomorrow, they're on blackfriday sale for only 69 bucks! :D
  • dunnodunno
    dunnodunno Posts: 2,290 Member
    Options
    I have a Flex. The Flex tracks step-based activities, like walking or running. Mine tracks the elliptical as well. I wear it all day, but I wear a heart rate monitor when I am doing non step based exercise, like a workout dvd or biking.
    There are new Fitbits coming out soon that have a heart rate monitor built in. Not sure how accurate they will be, but they sound interesting. Something to think about.

Do you wear your HRM when exercising while also wearing the Flex or do you take the Flex off?