Chapati wrap with any vege or meat leftovers

Ingredients:

Wheat flour - 5 handful
Oats/Oat Brans - 1 handful
Salt - As needed (or 1/2 tsp)
Hot water - As needed (a little above bearable heat)
Olive oil/Ghee oil - 2/3 tsp (as needed)

1) Take a wide bowl and add flour, oats and salt.
2) Pour a few tablespoons olive oil/Ghee oil and hot water into the mix. Rub well using your
fingers.
3) Add water gradually and mix well until you get a single mass of slightly sticky dough. Dust
some more flour and knead well into a pliable dough. See that it is not rough or hard, it
should be soft. Knead well for a few more minutes with your knuckles and cover the bowl
with a lid and leave aside for 15 to 30 minutes depending on the time availability.
4) Take the doughknead and separate them into 3 or 6 balls and smoothen them by rolling
between your palms.
5) Now dust some flour on a pastry board or chapati board and place one ball over it, flatten
gently and roll into wraps using a rolling pin. The chapati should not be too thin not too
thick.
6)Do the same with the rest of the balls. As many as you need. (Do not stack the flattened rotis
one over the other as it may stick)
7) Place a non stick frying pan on flame and wait until it heats up well. Now place the chapati
on it and cook on high flame until you can see some sligth brown spots. Flip the chapati
using a flat ladle or spatula and cook until brown spots appear.
8) Remove from pan and place the chapati over direct flame and they will puff up a little. (you
can show both the sides or one side will do)
9) Just like you make a wrap, fill in left over meat or a vege, then roll and wrap them.

Modified my way, you can find lots of them on the net though.
Recipe credit to: http://www.youtoocancook.net/

Replies

• canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Myiti, thanks for your recipe... have you tried chapatti made with gluten free flours? Any luck? Will they still puff a bit and get the lovely brown spots? My husband used to make the best chapatti for us before I learned I had to be gluten free. They tasted so yummy though.
  • SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,731 Member
    Are chapati the ones you put in a dish towel and bang the ends together to break up the layers, or is that roti? Thanks for the recipe. I make naan every so often, but have never tried the thinner breads.