Cold weather struggles!

Options
slenderizeme
slenderizeme Posts: 154 Member
edited November 2014 in Health and Weight Loss
I don't know why but it seems like it is much harder for me to stick to a low calorie diet during the winter. It's much harder to stick to a reasonable amount of calories. Is there anyone that can relate to this that has found a solution?

Replies

• MamaP47
    MamaP47 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I can totally relate! I'm from SoCal and now I'm in an area that is WAAYYYY colder (I'm a wimp, lol!). The cold makes my body crave comfort food like its no joke. What I do is work out more (to increase my caloric deficit) and eat what I want in a very moderate portion. It helps out a lot...and so does that darn space heater....
  • 2013sk
    2013sk Posts: 1,318 Member
    Options
    I feel you too!!! I just want to eat rubbish, and I am struggling with my workouts too!!!

Hey its only for a few months, try and pick more filling foods to fill you up. I am aiming for 3 gym sessions a week, normally I would do 5, and trying to clean it up diet wise, but its so hard.

Everyone is the same, don't worry, your not alone!
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    it's self-preservation - you need a layer of fat to keep warm - you feel colder the skinnier you are

just keep on going - work out harder, it's transient and a feeling that comes as the weather changes but then you adapt
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    it's self-preservation - you need a layer of fat to keep warm - you feel colder the skinnier you are

just keep on going - work out harder, it's transient and a feeling that comes as the weather changes but then you adapt

^This, its comfort foo season!
  • codycsweet
    codycsweet Posts: 1,019 Member
    Options
    I, going though the same thing eating more and bc of the cold weather I'm not motivated to workout as much
  • girlwithcurls2
    girlwithcurls2 Posts: 2,263 Member
    Options
    I will offer my best suggestion. Buy a crock pot and the cooking light slow cooker cookbook. You'll get to fix yummy stews and comfort foods, but they'll be really sensible recipes. As you continue to lose and feel successful, you won't want to sabotage your results (hopefully!) :)