New - No more excuses.

Options
Hi.

I'll start by saying I was the world's best excuse maker, which has probably led me into my current situation. But I've done some serious thinking, and it was my poor choices that got me to where I am now.

I'm not happy with my weight and I'm not happy with my appearance. That's because I just didn't care. That's because I was lazy.

I have nobody to blame for my current state but myself, and I'm cool with accepting that responsibility. I'm 35 years old. I am in such horrible shape. Granted, I am 5'6" tall and 135 lb. That might seem ideal for a lot of people, but physically I might as well be a sack of potatoes. I used to be a gym rat. I used to be able to run a 5k. Now, a walk on the treadmill wears me out. It was easier to deal with stress by drinking and eating. It was easier to fall asleep with the help of a few Benadryl. It was easier to blame my inability to find time for myself on other people. I played the victim card long enough, and it's not working.

I'm taking the appropriate steps right now. Overall, I'd like to incorporate fitness and healthy eating as a piece of the pie I am touting as my life makeover. I've started to exercise again (albeit not as intense as I used to exercise). I am working on getting into a better sleep habit. I'm learning to be more assertive and confident. It's all a work in progress.

I could definitely use the support along my journey. Please, feel free to add me as a friend and I promise I will give you any support you need as well :)

Replies

• Jenism1
    Jenism1 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    hey there! former excuse maker here! I could come up with a new excuse everyday! My husband called me Excuse Queen. Would like a new friend. I've noticed a lot of my friends haven't been logging in as much as they use to! I will send a request!
  • anna_jewel
    anna_jewel Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    hi, request sent. former excuse maker too :smile:
  • jenmovies
    jenmovies Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    I am also 35 but I have 44lbs to lose (about 20 kilos). I have been fit on and off over the years, but I live in a place with dark winters and get Seasonal Affective Disorder, and I use THAT as my excuse to become 'a sack of potatoes'. Feel free to add me & view my food diary if you like. I have used MFP before and got to a good place but I just keep letting things go again. Really want to get to a good place I can maintain! (I am 5'2" tall btw)
    Good luck to you and I hope it goes really well!!!
  • KLangleydoula
    KLangleydoula Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    Hello! Feel free to add me for support!
  • fat2strongbeth
    fat2strongbeth Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me too!