Happy Thanksgiving!

Options
Hi everyone! My name is Amela and I just joined this website on 11/25th. Being a sweets addict you can imagine the love affair I have with food. After years of contemplation, I have finally decided to take a step toward becoming healthier. With a very high predisposition for diabetes, concerns from family and inspiration from people I work with: I am finally working on myself. I do not want to be a 200 lbs 35 yrs old. My goal is mainly health related. It takes time to reframe one's thinking that weight loss is about looks. It sure is, but for me the thinking of my appearance causes additional stress. Focusing on health instead is my new strategy, and I tell you that I feel more motivated. Once I lose weight, the appearance improvement will be a positive bonus. I hope everyone else achieves goals! Looking forward to great discussions with everyone.

Replies

• dramaqueen45
    dramaqueen45 Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! One day at a time, reasonable goals, no deprivation but everything in moderation, and last- find something you love to do as far as exercise goes. Today marks four months for me and I've lost about 21 pounds. You can add me if you like!
  • Amica35
    Options
    Hi! Thank you. Congratulations on your achievement! I got no friends on this website yet and am eager to meet new people. Will sure add you to my friend list-thank ou! Looking forward to sharing ideas, thoughts and anything related to weight loss
    I agree with you: realistic goals are essential, perseverance and no depravations. There is no worse feeling than when one is with a group of people and feels like s/he cannot have any of the food offered. Also, setting unreasonable weight loss goals is a sure way to set oneself up for a failure.
  • GlucernaBrand
    Options
    I think it's wonderful that you're making time to take care of yourself and focusing on your health. You're making a great start! ~Lynn /Glucerna