help needed as going nowhere fast

Options
Hi all im a 26yr old female, 5ft 3 and weighing 7st 9lb(107lbs).
I always been on the thin side yet a big eater, ive been and had medical tests and nothing comes up so im using this app to gain weight but im struggling with the calories and also im not able to exercise properly due to an injury so can only do light exercise but as soon as I do anything the weight just drops off me.
I feel underweight totally unfit with little muscle mass so any help and advice anybody can give me is great.
Im only just gaining from a big weightloss, I went down to only 7st when my husband died 19months ago, prior to that my lowest has been 7st 4. I really cant drop anymore weight

Replies

• PwrLftr82
    PwrLftr82 Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry for your loss. Right now I'd wait until you've fully recovered from your injury and then look into a beginner weight lifting program and increase your calories until you start to gain weight.
  • Chrisparadise579
    Chrisparadise579 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Im sorry for your loss as well. My suggestion would be to add 200 calories per day every 2 weeks until you start to gain 1/2-1lb a week. Cut cardio to at most once a week and start a muscle mass weightlifting program. If I can help in any way feel free to message me
  • beastcompany
    beastcompany Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »
    Im sorry for your loss as well. My suggestion would be to add 200 calories per day every 2 weeks until you start to gain 1/2-1lb a week. Cut cardio to at most once a week and start a muscle mass weightlifting program. If I can help in any way feel free to message me
    Why do you always insist on people sending you PM's instead of posting more advice or replying to your posts?

Because it's a female and if she contacts him VIA PM it gives him the opportunity to play 'Nice Guy', then slowly try to work his way out of the friend zone and eventually hit on her or request pictures.
  • ummhamza05
    Options
    thanks for all your replies im gutted as ive dropped to 7st 7 means ive dropped 2lb and not gained and ive been meeting my calorie gains
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    ultimately you keep eating until you stop losing. If you gain to fast- slow down the food. Adjust every 3-4 weeks.

I would hesitate to say every 2- unfortunately as women- we have more hormonal fluxs which impact our weight- so in order to get a clear trend line- waiting 3-4 weeks is a safer path. If you change ever 2 weeks it's hard to get a good read on what's happening.
  • estherdfoster
    estherdfoster Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    this is the site i use to look at how many calories i need for either maintaining, losing or gaining, and it shows per amount each week you prefer to lose or gain.
    http://www.calculator.net/calorie-calculator.html