Gluten free

tonedby46
tonedby46 Posts: 93 Member
edited November 2014 in Getting Started
Anyone eat Gluten free?

Replies

• PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    I have celiac disease and have eaten gluten free for 17 years.
  • I have celiac disease as well but was only diagnosed 3 years ago.
  • sheepotato
    sheepotato Posts: 600 Member
    I have been wheat free for 4 years, I'm allergic but I do not have celiac's.

There's a group of us over here: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/112-gluten-free
  • SteampunkSongbird
    SteampunkSongbird Posts: 826 Member
    edited November 2014
    I'm gluten free and was diagnosed with coeliac disease 2 years ago, after many years of symptoms. Better late than never though, the diet has made me feel so much better, even if eating on the go can be a pain in the butt. :)
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,159 Member
    I have been off gluten/processed carbs for a few months ago. The coconut oil really knocked out the IBS that I had off and on for 40 years. Yesterday I did eat some pasta for the first time in four months. Nothing really bad like before but I feel so much worse energy wise today running on glucose as my main fuel. Clearly running on ketones makes me stronger and with a more clear thinking vs the old days living on processed carbs for the most part.

After getting on the coconut oil I have eaten fried chicken many times without that amount of flour triggering any issues but after my pasta experience I know gluten is not my friend. Actually by leaving off gluten the weight loss started to a degree on its own and there has been no gaining of weight.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    edited November 2014
    There are gluten free groups. Lots of folks are gluten free. Why do YOU want to be gluten free?

signed: some, but not a lot.
  • AJ_G
    AJ_G Posts: 4,158 Member
    I have been off gluten/processed carbs for a few months ago. The coconut oil really knocked out the IBS that I had off and on for 40 years. Yesterday I did eat some pasta for the first time in four months. Nothing really bad like before but I feel so much worse energy wise today running on glucose as my main fuel. Clearly running on ketones makes me stronger and with a more clear thinking vs the old days living on processed carbs for the most part.

After getting on the coconut oil I have eaten fried chicken many times without that amount of flour triggering any issues but after my pasta experience I know gluten is not my friend. Actually by leaving off gluten the weight loss started to a degree on its own and there has been no gaining of weight.

Yea I'm sure it was the ditching of gluten and not lowing calories that caused the weight loss... Oh and your body runs better on ketones than on glycogen? Dude what are you talking about? You either have Celiac's (less than 5% of the population) and you're actually allergic to gluten, or you don't, and the gluten making you feel bad is completely in your head...