Thanksgiving is over - how to get back on track!

Options
maisfree
maisfree Posts: 12 Member
edited November 2014 in Goal: Maintaining Weight
Happy Thanksgiving everyone :)

Now that this holiday is coming to an end and many of us are overstuffed, I am interested in hearing what everyone's plans are to get back on track! I personally feel a little sick in my tummy, but enjoyed every bit of what I ate!

I am going to do some intense kickboxing/circuit training first thing in the morning tomorrow, and then try to eat low calorie for the rest of the day (I really want salad...).

I just finished logging what I ate today. Woah. Crazy! But so delicious.

Replies

• DonM46
    DonM46 Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    Not over yet!! Going to my son's house tomorrow for another round of gorging. After that comes the leftovers for several days. THEN, get back on track. I plan to just forget about today and tomorrow, and go back to normal around Sunday or Monday.
  • Wheelhouse15
    Wheelhouse15 Posts: 5,575 Member
    Options
    I would imagine leftover turkey shredded into a lettuce salad would be a good start to get back on track!
  • Harunan
    Harunan Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I actually managed to eat at a deficit today, yay!
  • gvhunterollie
    gvhunterollie Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Wood splitting day tomorrow.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Just keep going on like normal. *shrug*
  • bstetson1
    bstetson1 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I just finished guessing at my calorie intake, its possible that I was only a thousand or so calories over maintenance goal. Downing water like it's going out of style. Planning on a run when I get up in the morning then a long workout at the gym. I plan to move forward in the morning like today didn't happen. In the past I would have let an overeat day turn into several more but not this time. It would be much easier if I were home but I know I can do this!
  • pkw58
    pkw58 Posts: 2,039 Member
    Options
    up and early - already got 30 minutes of Barre3 in. Having a "Pure Protein" day today, going to walk as much as possible and get a lot of chores done here at home on our "stay-cation".
  • graysmom2005
    graysmom2005 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    thanksgiving isn't what wrecks me....it's the half of a homemade pumpkin cheesecake and made from scratch pecan pie with homemade whipped cream thats in my fridge STILL that's the problem. Ohhh the double edged sword that is an amazing chef of a husband.
  • stephyj528
    stephyj528 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    thanksgiving isn't what wrecks me....it's the half of a homemade pumpkin cheesecake and made from scratch pecan pie with homemade whipped cream thats in my fridge STILL that's the problem. Ohhh the double edged sword that is an amazing chef of a husband.

same. my husband is a great cook too! what gets me is all of december when people bring the best cookies and sweets ever into the office. my will power has been known to get weaker and weaker by the day and the more i see the "goodies"
  • PearlAng
    PearlAng Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    I'm having second Thanksgiving today, but starting today with a nice workout to make me feel clear and ready. Thanksgiving didn't treat me too badly yesterday, and I know I probably ate a lot of calories, but due to stress and the business of work this past week, I haven't eaten much, so I probably broke even. How to get back on track? Just do it B)
  • DeterminedFee201426
    Options
    Harunan wrote: »
    I actually managed to eat at a deficit today, yay!
    me too

• NoelFigart1
    NoelFigart1 Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options
    Package up leftovers in reasonable, known portions. Eat according to my calories today. Not an issue.
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,324 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    randomtai wrote: »

this.

i'm not "off track".

• TuffChixRule
    TuffChixRule Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I still managed to drink all 80 plus ounces of water yesterday and was doing great until about 7 p.m. Then I had a piece of pumpkin pie, pretzel crisps and ice cream! I wasn't going to let myself feel guilty yesterday though. Today I plan to eat like I usually do and do my 30 minute Daily Burn workout later on today. I know I will get back on track :)
  • lilianhill
    lilianhill Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    My sister-in-law's cooking was delicious but reasonably healthy, given the holiday. So I did not eat too badly and came home and made fish tacos for dinner (Cooking Light recipe). Going for a long race walk this morning and will keep on going with healthy eating.
  • Stephanie08
    Stephanie08 Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options
    I'll put my goal out there to walk my three dogs individually each day from now to end of the year. Sometimes I walk 2 together, but I'll do 20min each.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    skullshank wrote: »
    randomtai wrote: »

this.

i'm not "off track".

this as well ..

one day out of 365 is not going to ruin your progress..

just go back to eating normally and get a work out in if you feel like it...
  • rosebette
    rosebette Posts: 1,659 Member
    Options
    I did kickboxing and spent time on the stationary bike today, and I'll take a walk later. However, I just plan to eat normally and stay within my limits. Like many here, the temptation is not T-day, but the leftovers. I still have most of an apple pie, and the family is clamoring for a meat pie made with leftovers for dinner.