Any tips to put some weight on?

Options
Hi, I'm Kaiser and I'm a 23 years old male, I've always had a hard time gaining weight, and I'm trying again, I'm 5'9" tall and I basically eat all I can but I should probably eat a lot more to gain weight,maybe 3000cal. Drinking lots of water helps, at least I feel like it does. Any tips? Recommendations ? Or maybe a list of high calorie foods... Thank you guys!

Replies

• LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options
    Peanut Butter
    Nuts
    Oils
    Butter
    Pasta
    Rice
    Oats
    Full Fat Dairy - Milk, Cheese, Yogurt

A ton of different things...

Eat 3,000+ consistently. If you're not adding weight, eat more.
  • MagnumBurrito
    MagnumBurrito Posts: 1,070 Member
    Options
    Eat the food LolBroScience says and cut the cardio. Just lift.
  • LORI35pittsburgh
    LORI35pittsburgh Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    i will donate.... l
    ol
  • grantevans11
    grantevans11 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat. I'm currently aiming for 3,000 calories a day, although I don't always achieve this. I am slowly gaining weight; over the past 12 months I've gone from 70kg to my current weight of 78.5kg.

I wouldn't advise on cutting the cardio out completely, this will help you stay lean and keep you generally fit, cut the cardio to a couple of days a week and make sure you consume the amount of calories you've burnt during your cardio session so you don't begin losing weight.
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat. I'm currently aiming for 3,000 calories a day, although I don't always achieve this. I am slowly gaining weight; over the past 12 months I've gone from 70kg to my current weight of 78.5kg.

I wouldn't advise on cutting the cardio out completely, this will help you stay lean and keep you generally fit, cut the cardio to a couple of days a week and make sure you consume the amount of calories you've burnt during your cardio session so you don't begin losing weight.

Controlling the amount of surplus will help you remain lean. Keeping cardio in will just make it so you need to ingest more calories in order to gain. I will agree that it does help with cardiovascular health however.
  • PwrLftr82
    PwrLftr82 Posts: 945 Member
    Options

Controlling the amount of surplus will help you remain lean. Keeping cardio in will just make it so you need to ingest more calories in order to gain. I will agree that it does help with cardiovascular health however.

Yup.
  • anon422
    Options
    Hi, I'm Kaiser and I'm a 23 years old male, I've always had a hard time gaining weight, and I'm trying again, I'm 5'9" tall and I basically eat all I can but I should probably eat a lot more to gain weight,maybe 3000cal. Drinking lots of water helps, at least I feel like it does. Any tips? Recommendations ? Or maybe a list of high calorie foods... Thank you guys!

I wouldn't advise drinking a lot of water because this may actually decrease your appetite and it has no calorie content :) orange juice, coke, etc have a much higher calorie content :)
  • butterbear1980
    butterbear1980 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Don't forget CHOCOLATE!
  • zSandman
    zSandman Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Water will just bloat you up. It isn't permanent weight gain. Calculate your TDEE especially since you do cardio and make sure to stay in a moderate surplus. You don't want to gain weight that you will have to take off later on assuming you are in it for lean muscle mass . A little bit of fat accumulation is inevitable on a surplus but as long as you keep a moderate surplus, you will gain weight gradually and only a small percentage will be fat.